Playstation 4 Price To Be Lower Than PS3!

According to The Times, a leaked official document suggests that the official price of Playstation 4 will be significantly lesser than PlayStation 3! The leaked internal document suggests that PS4 would be sold for about $399. Note that when Sony's PS3 launched, it carried a price tag or $599!

PS3 couldn't sell just as many machines as PS2. Thanks to the recession that people started saving and did not spend much on gaming consoles. However, this time, the economy seems to be better than what it was in 2008 and PS4 might look forward to reaching their targets.

I'm more interested in knowing what the price will be in India. PS3, I believe currently sells for about Rs. 20k which is nearly 50% lesser than the launch price of the console; I remember it sold for about Rs. 39k in India.

I think backwards compatibility with PS3 might be a stronger point of PS4. Because when the console launches, game development companies might have to catch up and that could add to the delays.

Replies

• max0077
    max0077
    The_Big_K
    According to The Times, a leaked official document suggests that the official price of Playstation 4 will be significantly lesser than PlayStation 3! The leaked internal document suggests that PS4 would be sold for about $399. Note that when Sony's PS3 launched, it carried a price tag or $599!
    yeah..you seems right ..so everybody gonna buy PS4 instead of PS3..

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Some news revealed that Sony is trying to co-ordinate with GaiKai, the cloud gaming company; for the game streaming for PS4.

There is one drawback though, current Game streaming technologies is not capable of streaming 1080p or higher, only 720p games can be streamed with not-so-ease (OnLive suffered a lot due to more internet bandwidth requirement).So, Indie games are likely to stream, but hardcore blockbuster games is still not possible.

I don't think PS4 will be "Hit" if all Indie games will be available only through GaiKai, as most East-Asian countries can't satisfy the required internet bandwidth.

Eager to see what Sony is gonna do.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We've an update -

Playstation 4 Launch Date

The launch date is expected to be in the month of November 2013. Sony might expect to sell at least a million of PS4 units at the launch but that might just be influenced by the exclusive games Sony might announce along with PS4.

The Price -

Earlier reports suggested that Sony might price their upcoming console significantly lower than PS3; but the latest reveal hints at $429 and $529 price tag. The price is expected to change and I hope they'll bring it down at the time of launch!

Playstation 'Eye' :

PS4 is expected to come with an 'eye' feature that will let you watch your friends play the game even if you don't own that game. So if your friends are playing God Of Was Ascension on their Playstation 4; you will be able to watch all the game play on your own console - as if you're watching a movie. I think that's pretty cool!

Remote Control -

Playstation 4 will have the feature to be controlled from a mobile device or tablet.

Whatever Sony reveals today, is going to be remembered in history. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sony bought GaiKai last year and there were several predictions that PS4 will stream games. I'm not sure how 'cool' it'd be to stream games; because at least in India, the connection speeds suck. I use a 2Mbps line myself; but that too sucks where it comes to streaming a full HD video. I envy folks from Hyderabad who get a 15 Mbps line cheaper than what I pay for 2 Mbps.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Apple TV is surely coming to India and Apple's India website has put up a dedicated page with Apple TV : Look: https://www.apple.com/in/appletv/ . Apple TV syncs with your iTunes...
Android Jelly Bean Upgrade is coming to Galaxy Note GT-N7000 users in India, as I learn from the social media. Galaxy Note users from India have been waiting for the...
I might be ignorant, but I've not found a convincing reason the Government of India is making it mandatory for almost everyone to opt out of cable connections for the...
ISPAI aka the Internet Service Providers Authority India, has just announced that the Internet broadband rates in India are likely to go up in coming days. The change in pricing...
Wipro Infotech has bagged the contract to manage IT operations for the International Airport @ Mumbai. Wipro's main responsibility will be to ensure that the IT operations run smooth using...