Playstation 4 camera has voice control & facial recognition

We're still a few weeks away from the official Playstation 4 launch, but Sony's keeping our excitement levels high with periodic updates about its upcoming hardware. Not much was known about the Playstation 4 camera - the companion which won't ship default with the PS4 unit. Microsoft on the other hand is going gung-ho over the greatness, accuracy and precision of their Kinect 2 sensor. Sony's spokesperson for Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has however confirmed that the Playstation 4 camera is capable of voice control and can do facial recognition.

Sony hasn't talked much about their camera system yet. We believe they're keeping a few secrets for the launch. Speech recognition, voice control and facial recognition in combination would add a lot more capabilities and input mechanisms to Sony's PS4. Be prepared for a few more surprises when the game creators will demonstrate how voice commands and facial recognition works in games.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A modern F1 car is the most technologically sophisticated race car on the planet, so naturally it’s got an equally complex steering wheel that jammed with enough switches and dials...
When I was surfing over the Internet I found this information to be shocking and I want to start a good debate over this topic,Yes its all about our efforts...
howdie CEAN's...can you recommend good projects for agriculture??This is our theme for our thesis..thank you very much
All would have their own wish and just post in your suggestions and your wish that your future car should possess.First it may like a dumb idea on the title...
The console wars are on and the console makers are trying hard to woo the customers even before the launch. Microsoft has officially confirmed that XBOX One supports up to...