Placed in MNC. Doubt about testing vs. development

#-Link-Snipped-# I have one Doubt in this 2015 1.What. is the update between testing and in development side?
2.i completed my b.e ece this month and i was placed in one mnc company.. They got sign for both software developer and software testing..i dont know whether they will put me in testing or in development and training is 45 days only Which u will prefer for me? Testing or coding
3. I have good update in mobiles hardware .. I know all parts in that and what combination will give perfect Output in hardware and also in software for os.this mnc company has mobile and tablet manufacturing dept.. How to get in this field has a fresher? Is it comes under testing for hardware in mobile testing and software testing for mobile os.?
4.I have more interest in mobile side what i need to do now? Pls guide me.?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : You'll have to tag the complete username to send alert to proper person.

1. Could you please add more clarity to the question?

2. Selecting a career in testing or development should be your own choice. If your employer gives you no choice between selecting careers; you'll have to decide whether you want to stick to the company. I've written a long post about career in software testing and development. Do refer to it for more insights. General advice is to select the career track that coincides with your interests and passion. That's the sureshot way to be successful at it.

3. The most authentic answer can come only from the HR department or the recruitment department of your organisation. Please do get in touch with them and inform them about your aspirations. They should be able to guide you how to make the switch within the organisation.

4. 'Mobile Side' is a very vast term. Given your background into E&C, are you more interested in designing the hardware? Or do you want to work on the software - develop it or test it? You'll have to filter your choices to final two or three and then we can help you pick one.
  • Shb
    Shb
    #-Link-Snipped-#. Thank u.. I will go with testing side..
  • ram_149955
    ram_149955
    Shb
    #-Link-Snipped-#. Thank u.. I will go with testing side..
    Don't make up your mind too soon. Because you are from ECE branch, I don't think you know clear enough about IT industry. It is good that you wanted to know about testing and development even before joining but only after you start working you will realize whether you like the job or not.

But these days testing has changed a lot and even testing requires coding. If you chose the track of testing, which does not require coding, then you are risking your career.

Another thing is big companies usually don't listen to individual aspirations..They just go with the company goals and planning.

All the best and welcome to IT World 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How to start with writing a technical paper based on any topic
Intex Mobiles is here with a smashing new smartphone called the 'Intex Aqua Star II HD' that comes with a really decent set of features. The phone might just be...
Hi, How am I supposed to compute the Eigen values of a matrix(any order) using C/Java language. Is there a numerical approximation method to solve for the Eigen values? Just...
Hiring companies want the new entrants ready now to handle the modern tele tech jobs. They do not want to spend time, effort and money to train freshers. Instead they...
Microsoft's recently announced web browser, 'Microsoft Edge' ain't going open source anytime soon, informed Microsoft through an official FAQ page. Given Microsoft's new found love for the open source community,...