Place your views about Earth

hello CEans...
the topic which i am posting now is a group discussion rather than a debate.. so place your views on this.here it goes.

we all know that all our lives have become mechanical that we are not having proper time to take care of this Mother Earth.. so this is leading to global warming and many more other phenomena.

so as a Citizen of the world and as an engineer in particular what measures are you taking to save Earth and maintain Ecological balance..

place your views so that it might help creating awareness about the environmental problems and measures to be taken.. :smile:

Replies

• thechamp
    thechamp
    i try to save power in terms of electricity and water as much as i can. dont know how much will it help..
  • suman.mathad
    suman.mathad
    .Yes water and electricity must not be used carelessly ... And also we should try to avoid using vehicles when not necessary instead we should go by public transport wherein we can avoid traffic jams too... Main thing lies in using plastic ..... Please avoid using them ,whenever u go for shopping please carry a cloth bag with you.. And the other thing is whenever you see street dogs or any other poor animals please give food to them . Even they feel pain ... They have heart too ..REMEMBER
  • callyD
    callyD
    Agree with above posts... use less resources by limiting our use of energy. It take us the earths natural resources and pollutes the air to generate energy and so we should use it sparingly.
  • gohm
    gohm
    I do a lot of work involved with Sustainability and LEED design. I personally adopt "green" practices into my lifestyle.
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    We've to work to reduce climate emissions to Zero.

As Bill Gates said in TED, great idea #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    *cue music*

"Heal the world! Make it a better place!"
  • younus
    younus
    ๐Ÿ˜first of all im very happy to hear about this topic!Its our mother earth that's been suffering,all because of deeds!๐Ÿ˜”

But we can improve its cindition just by altering our negative deeds to positive!๐Ÿ˜€

using paper bags instead of plastic,reduing the excessive use of papers for printing i.e by printing on double side.
    eventhough above things appear to be old ideas,still the situation of highlighting them persists!its the place where we are standing!
  • madugula
    madugula
    yes.. i agree with all the above posts. and i, along with my friends have planted 20 plants in our college.
    awareness is most important inorder to reduce the ill effects.
    so, we are planning to join in "CARBON CREDITS CLUB" commonly known as CCC. to create awareness.. :smile:
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    very good discussion till now...carry on guys
  • Sandrat
    Sandrat
    I am shameful to say I don't do much, if anything at all to preserve Earth. When I moved to Denmark I took great care of saving water and electricity, and I always walked between places when I could, but when I moved back to Iceland into an environment where people don't care about saving water and electricity (mostly because it is very cheap here in Iceland), I stopped being so careful.
    I think price is a big factor. While we spend electricity and water like mad-men here, most people are driving less or using public transport when possible because the gas price has gone up.

But has anyone encountered a false "green practices"? Like how fishing wild salmon is actually more environment friendly than buying farm raised salmon (because of the amount of fish needed to feed the farm raised salmon), contrary to popular belief.
  • thechamp
    thechamp
    one thing that i felt, that some handful engineers over here can only contribute to save earth. but to SAVE mother earth is something biggerrrrrrr thing. which is not possible until everyone CITIZEN OF EARTH does his/her part.
    until everyone contributes, this would be an initiative only not a revolution.
    awareness is the key and alternative resources is the solution
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Sandrat
    When I moved to Denmark I took great care of saving water and electricity, and I always walked between places when I could, but when I moved back to Iceland into an environment where people don't care about saving water and electricity (mostly because it is very cheap here in Iceland), I stopped being so careful.
    I think price is a big factor. While we spend electricity and water like mad-men here, most people are driving less or using public transport when possible because the gas price has gone up.
    I'm curious, doesn't Iceland generate electricity mostly from renewable sources? If in that case, I think you guys do earn to be a little luxurious with your electricity ๐Ÿ˜› I think we should take a closer look at our environment and see how we can sustainably harness energy. Though you do have a point regarding the economics of electricity. In the Middle East were there is ample sunlight, there is a huge potential for solar farms.. both photovoltaic and furnaces. However, since oil is more profitable, focus and investment funnels to that.

But has anyone encountered a false "green practices"? Like how fishing wild salmon is actually more environment friendly than buying farm raised salmon (because of the amount of fish needed to feed the farm raised salmon), contrary to popular belief.
    Well, in Malaysia, salmons don't exist in the wild. I'd have to probably drive/fly to another country to fish for it, in which that very act would impact the environment ๐Ÿ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

when i insert the pen drive in the port...and try to open it up the following error message pops up "the drive is not formatted",although it has some data in...
hi.. i am a 4th semester electronics and comm. student.. i m trying to start on a mini project... plz help me out by giving me some ideas regarding what...
can any one tell me where we find the cache memory of ram ? correct me if i am wrong. ๐Ÿ˜
Hey, I am a newbie, and I hope I am not abusing the very purpose of this forum. I am currently pursuing my B.tech in E&E engineering. I am searching...
I am a computer engineering student and recently came across term Keyboard Buffering. Can someone explain to me what exactly is keyboard buffering?