pipe diameter and pump gpm

hi everyone,

i am using a pump to transfer paint and my pump rating is found to be 0.165 gpm. but i am wondering if the diameter of the tubing is necessary too!!
please reply soon.. its very urgent

cheerz,

satanas

Replies

• Raj Agnesh
    Raj Agnesh
    pipe diameter is important to have a proper flow rate , if u use the delivery side for any pressure based application pipe diameter and its material is also very important.
  • satanas
    satanas
    hi..

paint will not be in a pressurised container.. i am simply pumping and transferring paint thru a delivery tube up to a head of max 3m..
  • Raj Agnesh
    Raj Agnesh
    hi,
    then its okay, u just have the delivery little smaller than the suction pipe diameter eg(2"-1.75").
  • keta2o
    keta2o
    See this calculator , it may help you
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Every One...I am from California..
any body who wish to help me can plz reply. i hav some source codes written in assembly language(using mnemonics) is there any means of converting it to c language(that...
plz suggest me free open source softwares... what actually these softwares are? any softwares? if any plz send me..
I've come across lot of people who use the term 'Softwares'. Even I used it lot of times before I realized that 'software' cannot be pluralized! So even if you...
Source: Nokia - ShowPressRelease About Novarra Novarra, the Internet Mobility company, provides high performance mobile internet browsers and platforms for operators, handset manufacturers and internet brands to create new services...