Pinterest Guided Search Introduced To Help You On Your Way To The Right Pins

If like us you love Pinterest app for iOS and Android, here's a great new feature to make your life a tad easier. Pinterest has announced 'Guided Search' - a feature you will find handy to find content on the portal that has huge amount of content, thanks to 50 million boards with 30 billion Pins. Be it any category of your interest from food to travel, tech to DIY - Guided Search will help you find the right pins on Pinterest. The developers believe that this new search tool can help the explores who know what they want get their faster and even the ones who are just looking around.

For example, if you are searching for some recipe for breakfast, the descriptive guides will help you sift through all the good ideas from other Pinners. Users will be able to scroll through the guides and tap on the ones they find useful or interesting and thus search in the correct direction. Another good example shared on the Pinterest blog is a situation where you are searching for plants to green up your apartment. The Pinterest guides help you get more specific - indoors, shade, succulents - making life much easier.

pinterest

The best part of the guided search feature is that they leave a little room for "serendipity". The folks over at Pinterest think that it could land you on a road trip or a new hobby, especially something that you didn’t know you were looking for.
Check out a rather interesting video for the Pinterest Guided Search feature here -

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Its just awesome
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Do we have any Pinterest users around here? What do you think about the new feature?
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Ankita Katdare
    Do we have any Pinterest users around here? What do you think about the new feature?
    Just updated the Pinterest on my Android phone,
    On the first looks this looks impressive. Though I observe that search results (Pinners) are mostly from US geography. Probably the app is still not that popular in India.

Am i the only one to feel this?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# That has been the case for most new apps and technologies. U.S. people are the early-adopters of all the tech. Asian people seem to follow them quite later.
    Take for example the case of Quora, it used to be flooded with posts from U.S people back in 2011. Now you will see all Indians pulling crowds there.

I am wondering if Pinterest can arouse interest in people of India.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello . I am Abishek chander, compleated my BTech ( ECE ) a few days back ...I want to take training in VLSI ....Is it a good choiice or not....
Corning, the company famous for developing the Gorilla Glass, used in so many top-notch smartphones to protect our touchscreen displays, has finally arrived in India. With the aim to solidify...
If you are still not back from the awe of wearable technology, be prepared to have your mind blown with the latest research work in a new form of "spaser"...
Researchers from Australian National University (ANU) have developed a new lens-making procedure wherein drops of silicone are baked in an oven to produce high quality lenses that are unbelievably cheap....
The launch of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is just few months away, but we're already getting a taste of what's cooking in Samsung's labs. It's expected that Samsung will formally...