Picture Search Machine project

Hello can you please help me to built a project on picture search machine

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Could you tell us a bit more about the project? What does it do?

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Is this what you are thinking of?

Google Scholar

• Jyoti Dahiya
    Jyoti Dahiya

sir I want to make a project in java advance and I thought of making picture search engine so I want some help from you in how could I start my project and complete it . 

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

so I want some help from you in how could I start my project and complete it

You need to tell us what help you want so that we can offer it to you. Requesting you to add as much details as you can. 

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

The only Java I am addicted to comes in a cup. There are others here, who can help.

• Jyoti Dahiya
    Jyoti Dahiya

sir can you please tell me the modules of this project?

Actually I'am a beginner and I want to make a project in java advance I don't know much about this topic so I want your help to know about this project . 

- about the modules 

- about the coding

- any other information about this.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Okay, let's take it step by step -

1. How will your project work? Will it allow users to upload a photo and then search 'similar' pictures? 

2. Do you want to use image recognition OR you want to use meta descriptions or keywords to perform search? 

The 'image recognition' approach is going to be tougher for you, if you aren't well versed with Java programming. Second approach is easier and I'd recommend it. In this approach, you will add 'tags' aka 'keywords' to every image that is uploaded. 

The search engine will then perform 'similar' tags search. You could deploy Elasticsearch to make it easy for you. It's far more efficient than typical full-text database searches.

3. You will have to put in some efforts yourself to find out how are you going to implement the project. 

Start by writing -

1. How will your project work? What features will it have?

2. How exactly will the user interact with your project? What will be the user input and what will be the machine output?

3. Find out the tools and technologies available on the Internet that can help you complete this project.

PS: If you are looking for ready-made project; then this isn't the right place. There are several websites online where you could buy ready-made projects by spending money. 

If you have specific questions about your project where you're actually putting in efforts, you are more than welcome to ask questions and get answers. 

• Jyoti Dahiya
    Jyoti Dahiya

Sir the first option is correct I want to make something where user can upload a picture and can search similar kind of picture. 

Sir I want to prepare my own project I don’t want to buy a ready made one . 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CrazyEngineers has been upgraded to version 1.1.0 and here's a list of changes that it brings -1. New App: 'Downloads'As promised, we have brought back the 'Downloads' app on CrazyEngineers....
Curious to know which programming language is popular among our fellow CEans and what are the main reasons they're using it. Maybe it is their love for the language or...
Our CrazyEngineers ecosystem now has three apps - Discussions, News and Downloads. These apps were added first because they were a part of our old website. Which app would you...
"Alexa, please change the temperature of the attic to 26 degrees".Here's how combining an Amazon Echo Dot and an Arduino allows you to build a voice-controlled, WiFi-enabled temperature control unit...