PIC and MOSFET

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some help with a project. I am looking to control the current flow from an AC source using a PIC and MOSFET. I almost have the code written but am unfamilar with using MOSFETs but I have read that they are ideal for controlling current flow with a low voltage to turn them on. Firstly I need to know if they are suitable, I was previosly considering using a relay, the current will not exceed 13A as it is based on the max current available for a domestic appliance and secondly if anyone could recommend a manufacturer or MOSFET type that would suit this application, it would have to be relatively cheap though as I am on a budget.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

agamb.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello everyone, let me introduce myself to all you guys. Even though i am a member since long i was quite inactive. Name: Harsh Engineering Trade: Electrical Location: India Occupation:...
Hi, I was called to my grandmothers today as her area has had a power cut. She told me that she has not been able to turn her house alarm...
Next door to me live four brothers of different heights. Their average height is 74 inches, and the difference-in height amongst the first three men is two inches. The difference...
Can Any one give me an idea about to run an engine using the electomagnet..
Scrybe Learn - Scrybe Use - Scrybe Scrybe takes gestures to the next level with gesture workflows. Scrybe gesture workflows enhance how you work and play. A gesture workflow does...