Physical Books Can't Be Replaced By Digital Books

Stumbled upon this comic and the 'exact' has happened to me 😁 . Makes me think that physical books won't ever be replaced by the digital books. #-Link-Snipped-# will definitely agree.

Kindle-Comics

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    True to a great extent the pleasure we get as we turn through the pages of a BOOK "MAN NOTHING EQUATES IT"

I have never felt that while reading the pdf's or some e-Books I have. Strange but true I enjoy my book over any e-book reader I can get my hands on.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Right you are @#-Link-Snipped-#, with bells and whistles on.

I hold with the British author Arnold Bennett, who said in the chapter on 'Books' in his book 'Mental Efficiency':
    Quote:
    Therefore I say: In buying a book, be influenced by two considerations only. Are you reasonably sure that it is a good book? Have you a desire to possess it? Do not be influenced by the probability or the improbability of your reading it. After all, one does read a certain proportion of what one buys. And further, instinct counts. The man who spends half a crown on Stubbs's "Early Plantagenets" instead of going into the Gaiety pit to see "The Spring Chicken," will probably be the sort of man who can suck goodness out of Stubbs's "Early Plantagenets" years before he bestirs himself to read it.
    Endquote
    I have many of Bennett's books. To my eternal regret I lost the above book on my trip to Egypt. I downloaded the book from here: Mental Efficiency by Arnold Bennett - Free eBook
    That is the point at discussion. It is just not the same as the musty 60 year old hard cloth bound book, which I left behind at the Ginza pyramid at Cairo. Probably I will find a copy at the old Moore Market next to Madras Central station.
  • avii
    avii
    I totally agree here. Having a tablet & kindle, I still prefer Physical books. That smell of pages & joy of turning pages can never be matched.

Kindle fails when you try to read technical/programming books. But few books on iBooks are just great.

Real books, always win.
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    Reading a book is much more fun and interesting than reading an e book or reading in kindle fire. I usually do rough work and also write write my understood lines in text book (for example) itself. it makes me have a clarity when i revise it. According to me ,i tend to remember more when i read something which is self written.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Digital books not allowed in Open Book exams 😉..
    I tried to read some digital copy of novel but it feels irritating after some time. I prefer physical book for comprehensive reading.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Big Bang happened about 13.7 Billion years back. Astronomers working with the Hubble telescope have looked deep into the eye of the universe and have come up with a...
Hey why not add members to the members list only after a person verifies his/her own e-mail Id Cos often I have seen people who do the registering and they...
hi all engineers; how can i program the plc to control a matrix of led lights or a matrix i want to drill with an automatic drilling machine
So,we had a debate on the entitled topic,on www.rapgenius.com/discussions/15520-Hip-hop-almost-died (Mods please don't remove link,this is no ad 😀 ) What you CEans feel about this ? let's not concentrate only...
I am a student of university college of engineering and Im currently doing my 2nd year civil in engineering and i would like to gain knowledge on my field and...