PHP:Why I get notice when running in Xampp server?

When I run a code in wamp server it displays output but when I run the same code in Xampp server why it shows so many notices(with output) like-
Notice:Undefined index:

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Two things -

1. Is that the full error message? Is there any detail included after Undefined index:.. ?
    2. Possible for you to post the code so that experts here can dig deeper?
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    The_Big_K
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Two things -

1. Is that the full error message? Is there any detail included after Undefined index:.. ?
    2. Possible for you to post the code so that experts here can dig deeper?

Actually,here's the full message-

Notice: Undefined index: uname in C:\xampp\htdocs\project\login.php on line 5

Notice: Undefined index: pwd in C:\xampp\htdocs\project\login.php on line 6

and code-
    php
    session_start
    ();
    include(
    "connection.php");
    ob_start();
    $a=$_REQUEST['uname'];
    $b=$_REQUEST['pwd'];
    if(isset(
    $_REQUEST['sub_login']))
    {
    $query="select * from register where uname='$a' and pwd='$b'";
    $queryexe=mysql_query($query);
    $count=mysql_num_rows($queryexe);
    $row=mysql_fetch_array($queryexe);
    $id=$row['user_id'];
    $_SESSION['user_id']=$id;
    if(
    $count>0)
    {
    header("location:profile.php");
    }
    else
    {
    ?>}
    }
    ?>

Login

Username
    Password

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# - over to you, folks. 😀
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    That's a bad coding art, you must check if there is any data in $_REQUEST or not assuming uname and pwd will always be present in data, if not then check isset($_REQUEST['uname'])

if(!empty($_REQUEST)){

}
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Change the part:

$a=@$_REQUEST['uname'];
    $b=@$_REQUEST['pwd'];
    It is a temporary fix only.
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    I agree with goyal, never assume that the program would behave the way you think it will be.
    When a developer develops something, he/she performs unit testing without much of destructive cases(a happy flow), but ideally this is a bad and a wrong practice to assume. Always check for values, same applies when session variables are being stored or retrieved.
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    @all,Thanks a lot for the replies,they were really informative,
    #-Link-Snipped-#,it solved my problem,thank you.And I will keep it in mind to check for values.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

my power supply just broke and I want to build my own power supply which can be adjusted by a potentiometer that outputs 0-12Volts and a current of 1A or...
FM, P. Chidambaram is presenting Union Budget 2013 in parliament. Let's discuss the highlights and good / bad things about the same. -Cb

Me

😁 Hi guyz... M sruti currently getin trained in CDAC, kolkata😁 Was njoying the chit chats for Yashyant Kanetkar... so joined u guyz...
Dear All, We have one user who is not able to use internet. I have changed the ip address , dns etc. but still it is not pinging, we have...
Hi Guys, This is Sreekumar, I'm a Network engineer posted in Bangalore (ttkhealthcareservices). I found this site through browsing seeking to interact with the best in the Business.