View Feed
group-icon
Databases
Discuss databases and writing database queries with fellow DB enthusiasts.
296 Members
Join this group to post and comment.

PHPMyAdmin launched from cPanel does not detect database, is it a hosting issue? How could it be fixed on server?

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jul 9, 2019

I've moved your question to databases group. 

So, it does look like a hosting related issue. I'm however concerned about the permissions phpMyAdmin has and whether it can access the databases. 

Also, was the database under consideration created manually or by the host? Some more information about the configuration / issue will help figuring out the exact nature of the problem. 

Thank you, yes I created it manually assigning a joomla user with all privileges. From cPanel login, it access PhD my administration with main hosting user but I cannot check/(set eventually) if this user has privilege. Normally it has root-like permission on account. Some features has been blocked because payable. But I should connect with free database at least in localhost server (with PhpMyadmin)

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jul 9, 2019

It's clear that phpMyAdmin is unable to access the database; and that's why it is not listing your tables. If you do not have the permissions to configure phpMyAdmin; you will have to ask your web hosting tech-support folks to look into it. 

But have you tried following these simple steps -

1. Clear browser cache and re-login to phpMyAdmin
  2. Check permissions; make sure the DB user has "ALL" permissions to manage the database. There's an option in cPanel to manage permissions on your database and create / edit / delete DB users. 

So, it does look like a hosting related issue. Free hosting that does not grant me access to database. Understand why?

Share this content on your social channels -