PHP Project Ideas List + Abstract For CS and IT Students

Here is a list of project ideas based on PHP. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these projects as mini-projects as well as mega-projects. This list has been complied after referring to the project ideas that have come across the forum since last few years. If you have questions regarding these projects feel free to ask them in the replies below. You may also ask for abstract of a project idea that you have or want to work on.
  1. QA Survey in PHP
  2. E- commerce Storefront Application
  3. Web Traffic Analyzer in PHP
  4. Shopping Cart in PHP
  5. Defect Tracking System in PHP
  6. Online Testing in PHP
  7. Internet Banking in PHP
  8. Book Rental System in PHP
  9. Project Management in PHP
  10. Ad Agency in PHP
  11. Timesheet using PHP
  12. Chess Project using PHP
  13. Online Placement using PHP
  14. Secure Internet Banking System using PHP
  15. Online Sales and Inventory Management using PHP
  16. Ticket Reservation System using PHP
  17. Product Master Maintenance using PHP
  18. Family Connection Website using PHP
  19. Stationary Management System using PHP
  20. Online Help Desk using PHP
Here are a few more -

Ad Agency
Ad Dispenser Server
Ad Server
Agent-Based Information Push Mechanism
Airline Reservation System
Bank Account Validator
Budget Approval System
Bug Tracking System
Call Center Management
Campaign Information System
Chess Project
Civil Registry
Complaint Management System
Content Management System
Countering Distributed Denial of Service
Defect Tracking System
Detection of Phishing WebPages
Ecommerce Storefront Application
E-Post Office System
E-Separation System
Family Connection
Internet Banking
Intranet Employee Transfer Application
Library Management System
Lost Articles and Letters Reconciliation System
MapStorer
Matrix Factorization and Personalizing Search
MyTMS
Online Application for the Training and Placement
Online Auctioning Shop
Online Carrier Guidance and Placement Unit
Online Course Portal
Online Help Desk
Online Intranet Knowledge Management System
Online Leave Management System
Online On-Request Courses Coordination System
Online Sales and Inventory Management System
Online Testing System
Php-MultiShop
Product Master Maintenance
Project Management
Purchase Request Approval System
QA Survey
Receiving Orders For Printing Digital Photographs
Recipe Management System
Resume Builder Application
Search Engine For Alumni Of College
Secure Internet Banking System
Shopping Cart
Speed Cash System
Split Screen Application For The Data Entry Of The Shipments
Stationery Management System
Student Project Allocation And Management
Ticket Reservation System
Time Table Generation System
Timesheet
Web Based Meeting Scheduler
Web Traffic Analyzer
Webmobic

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The above list is being updated. 👍
  • mamujaan
    mamujaan
    good
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I urge all CS/IT engineers here to share more interesting ideas and ask questions about the existing ones. 👍
  • Rohan Bagchi
    Rohan Bagchi
    great list, I must say.
    I am a professional web-programmer. If any one needs tech support of any kind, you may ask. I will do my best to answer appropriately.
    web2.0 is the future.
  • Chinu1
    Chinu1
    Hello... Nice work.. Please give me more information about QA Survey. I want to do work on it.
    Thank u...
  • radhika kapoor
    radhika kapoor
    hello Ankita mam! i wanted to know...if doing project on bus reservation system is good?as i guess its not yet been done!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-# You can surely do it if it's a mini project or your first project. Many people have already implemented it, you can go through their projects and bring some new feature of your own. That would be a big hit. 😀
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Links are not working, please fix them 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Sanyam Khurana
    Links are not working, please fix them 😀
    Fixed every single one of them. Check again. 👍
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    There are way too many projects that we can add to this list. If anyone is interested in contributing project topics in PHP, please do so in replies here. I'll update the first list with your suggestions.
  • Syedd Fahad
    Syedd Fahad
    Hi mam... I have to make a project in php.. so can you please suggest me a latest or some interesting projects???
  • Abhijeet347
    Abhijeet347
    Rohan Bagchi
    great list, I must say.
    I am a professional web-programmer. If any one needs tech support of any kind, you may ask. I will do my best to answer appropriately.
    web2.0 is the future.
    Sir I am an Information Technology student. My 3rd year is almost ending.. I have to make a project for my final year.. Can u guide me in selection of domain & suggest some innovative ideas that I can go ahead with??
  • sameer thakur
    sameer thakur
    Can you please provide more info on online course portal‚ad agency‚call centre mgmt.how many modules will be there what tables to make.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# That's a lot of work you are asking us to spoon feed you with.
    Check any online course portal and see what features out of what they are offering you want to implement. Think about ways you can offer some extra features that don't yet exist on the popular course portals. This way you will create an unique product that helps its users.

For call center management portal in PHP, check sample mock-ups online.
    Here's one: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Decide which was those features you can implement and start developing them. If you are stuck somewhere, do not hesitate to ask questions.
  • ezeh Julian
    ezeh Julian
    #-Link-Snipped-# good morning, please where can i download materials for inventory management against my project topic
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# We dont provide readymade project abstracts or synopsis. We are here to share ideas and address your technical queries.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I thought I'd just put the new ideas that were in my head here.

These days mobile apps are in and so are web-apps. Final year students can use PHP programming to create web-based services for various uses such as car pooling - a service that lets users connect with fellow travellers on the same route as them.

Then, there are several other popular app ideas such as:
    • a micro-blogging service
    • a web app that lets you order grocery online
    • an online examination management for your college department (make them take their sessional tests on your portal)
    • a facility to avail your college's bus services (everything from issuing pass to daily passenger tracking)
    • an efficient voting system that lets students in your college vote for the student-of-the-year or Mr. or Ms. Popular
    • a shopping cart that's better than woocommerce (just kidding, but you can really re-think how users shop online)
    • an ad server to automate the advertisements on websites
    • an online bug tracker to test mobile/web applications in real time.
  • A.Mary Priscilla
    A.Mary Priscilla
    Hello Ankita mam...what would be the best php mini project idea that u would suggest for a second year student?
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    A.Mary Priscilla
    Hello Ankita mam...what would be the best php mini project idea that u would suggest for a second year student?
    The easiest I can think of from the list is an efficient voting system that lets students in your college vote for the student-of-the-year or Mr. or Ms. Popular
  • Arpita Nanda
    Arpita Nanda
    Hey sir.. I m in my final year of b. Tech. In cse banch... Pls suggest some project ideas under php..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Arpita nanda
    Hey sir.. I m in my final year of b. Tech. In cse banch... Pls suggest some project ideas under php..
    Few ideas you can implement -
    • Theme Park managment software using PHP
    • Cloud based phonebook management system
    • Mini-Facebook
    • Cloud based remote-server status reporting
  • Arpita Nanda
    Arpita Nanda
    Sir, the theme park management system software using php sounds quite interesting.. Please give me ideas about this topic..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Arpita nanda
    Please give me ideas about this topic..
    Not sure what you're looking for but the overall project would allow for -
    1. Entry ticketing system via QR Code Generation
    2. Membership management: Premium members get privileged access
    3. 'FastPass' system, where people who pay additional amount can skip queues and get access to the rides before others.
    4. Parking system - each incoming car gets a predefined parking slot assigned at the time of entry. If the parking is full, the system will start filling alternative parking lot.
    5. Each visiting user can see the status of the ride, operating timings etc.
    6. Each visitor can get full information about the ride, eligibility etc. just by tapping on the ride or just by visiting the ride (using Google Maps API)
    7. Restaurants information at the theme park, available menu, operating hours etc.
    ...and so on. You may develop this concept depending upon how big or small you want your project to be.
  • Arpita Nanda
    Arpita Nanda
    Thank u sir.. I got what i want to know.. Its really helpful for me.. Can u suggest some links that could be helpful for source code regarding this topic later while i m developing this site...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Arpita nanda
    Can u suggest some links that could be helpful for source code regarding this topic later while i m developing this site...
    I came up with that idea on my own. Source code will have to be written by you. It's PHP and if you have some knowledge of it, it's easy to do it.

Engineering project requires students to write their own code so that they can learn. Referring existing code isn't going to help. All the best.
  • bhavika salet
    bhavika salet
    ankita mam....plzz give me more advise for book rental system in php..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    bhavika salet
    ankita mam....plzz give me more advise for book rental system in php..
    Could you please be specific about what kind of help you wish to have?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# We have a detailed abstract for Book Rental System in PHP.

Here you go - Book Rental System in PHP

Here are some other new ideas that you can try -

1. Building a PHP based Discussion Forum
    2. On Road Vehicle Breakdown Assistance Finder
    3. SQL Injection Prevention System
    4. Secure E-Learning Using Data Mining Techniques
    5. Predicting User Behavior Through Web Sessions
    6. Daily Expense Tracker System
    7. Salon management System

I think that the PHP project ideas are everywhere. Just make a list of your daily activities and see which of them can be managed or automated in a web project setting. You will have a winning, innovative idea right then and there!

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

I think one more interesting PHP project could be the one that I personally worked on - called 'Quizzr'

Quizzr is a real-time quiz game where participants are given a set of questions and they've to answer them within a limited time period. 

The big challenge in this project is that when there are 100+ simultaneous users making GET and POST requests, the server needs to be capable of handling the load. 

This could also be made into a case study. 

One way to address that issue is to make the requests through AJAX OR simply fetch all the questions in one go, with just one request.

If someone is interested in working on this, I'm willing to offer my insights and ways to achieve this with great efficiency.

• Bismi Yousuf
    Bismi Yousuf

Hello..i wanted to know if doing college information management system would be good..

• Bismi Yousuf
    Bismi Yousuf

Hello..i wanted to know if doing college information management system would be good..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The idea is to build an e commerce system, integrating latest technologies to real world development scenarios. Abstract: Today, the revolution in technology is posing lots of challenges for businesses...
The idea is to allow users to quickly create intuitive, powerful, online question and answer surveys that can work for thousands of participants. Abstract: The survey software should be a...
https://www.theengineer.co.uk/1012967.article?cmpid=TE01
Iam the naughtiest girl jayasree goswami doing b.tech from ambala.my trade is electronics nd communication.I was basically hell from kolkata.My short term goal is to being a successful engineer nd...
hey. to everyone.....