Philips S308, W3500 And Xenium Android Smartphones Introduced In India

Philips, the Dutch company, famous for its light bulbs in India, has re-entered the mobile market with 3 new smartphones, namely - Philips S308, Philips W3500 and Philips Xenium. The phones are effectively priced to cater to the needs of various budget segments in India. The Philips S308 is priced at Rs. 8,290, while the Philips W3500 is priced at Rs. 14,650 and the Philips Xenium at Rs. 20,262. Let us take a look at the features and technical specifications of each of these phones phones, starting with the one with the lowest priced one.

The Philips S308 is a Dual SIM (WCDMA+GSM) device that is powered by a 1.7GHz Octa Core Processor and the Android 4.2 OS. This black-colored candy bar phone weighs 125g and has the dimensions - 126mm X 64.5mm X 9.7mm. Featuring a 4.0 inch capacitive touchscreen with 480x800 pixel resolution TFT display, the Philips S308 smartphone packs inside it a 512 MB RAM and 1160 MB user memory. Thanks to microSD card support, users can extend the internal memory up to 32 GB. There's a 5 megapixel camera on the rear, but not front cam. The camera can capture VGA (640x480), 5M (2592x1944) resolution images and videos. The connectivity options on the S308 phone include -a 3.5mm jack connector, GPRS, SMS, USB 2.0, GPS, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 3.0. Lastly, on the tech specs list we find a 1400 mAh Li-ion battery that offers 700 hours of standby time on Dual SIM and 9.5 hours of talktime.

philips-st308-smartphone-android-india

Next one on the list is - Philips W3500, again a Dual SIM (WCDMA+GSM) device that is powered by a 1.3 GHz Quad Core Processor and the Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system. This black-colored candy bar phone weighs 1705g and has the dimensions - 142.2 X 73.6 X 9.65mm. Featuring a 5.0 inch capacitive touchscreen with 480 X 854 pixel resolution TFT display, the Philips S3500 smartphone packs inside it a 1 GB RAM and internal memory expandable up to 32 GB via microSD card. There's a 5 megapixel camera on the rear with built-in Flash support. The camera can capture 5M (2592x1944) resolution images and videos at 30 frames/sec - with features such as - Automatic, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Daylight and Tungsten. The connectivity options on the W3500 phone include -a 3.5mm jack connector, GPRS, SMS, USB 2.0, GPS, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 3.0. Lastly, on the tech specs list we find a 2200 mAh Li-ion battery.

philips-w3500-smartphone-android-india

Coming to the last smartphone from Philips and the costliest in the range, the Philips Xenium. This smartphone has the most impressive tech specs of all. Featuring a 5 inch touchscreen with 540X960 pixel resolution qHD IPS display, the Philips Xenium phone is powered by a 1.3 GHz Quad Core Processor and runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS. The built-in superlative 5300 mAh battery gives enough power to run the phone throughout the day as the company claims that it offers 33 hours of talktime. This one is again a Dual SIM device (WCDMA+GSM) and comes with a 8 megapixel autofocus camera with flash support.
philips-xenium-smartphone-android-india
That said, we now all have all the basic features and tech specs of all the new smartphones from Philips. We believe that Philips Mobiles will have to give a tough fight to homegrown brands such as Xolo and Micromax to even stand a chance against its competitor Android smartphones in terms of tech specs. The company has a long way to go to reach a certain level where it can be called a strong contender.

What are your thoughts on the newly introduced Philips smartphones? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    #-Link-Snipped-# - The strange thing I noticed is Philips S308 which is least costly out of the three has the super strong 1.7 GHz Octa core processor and other two costlier devices has 1.3 GHz Quad core, I am assuming this is typo and the costlier Xenium will have the higher processor.

Xenium is giving a super strong battery marking 5300 mAh, that has capability to last for 33 talking hours. I am sure this lone feature will force many folks (with heavy pocket) to look for Philips Xenium.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft is working on a move that may just put translators out of business. The Skype Translator, a real time language translator was unveiled by Microsoft two years ago but...
iBall, the Mumbai, India based computer peripherals, smartphones and tablets maker company, has launched a new gadget as an addition to its Android tablet portfolio. Named as 'iBall 3G 7803Q-900'...
I am trying to do factory reset on D-Link DIR-600L router. I tried to push RESET button for 10 seconds but LED color is not changing. Should I have to...
Amazon, the world's greatest competitor to most e-commerce websites and to Flipkart in India has launched a new free app called "Kindle Cloud Reader" that lets Amazon users read Kindle...
I've began dedicating time to teach myself OOP and PHP and stumbled upon a very basic problem with inheritance. While the answers to the above question is already available online;...