Percona Vs. MySQL - Accelerating Database Performance - What Goes Behind The Scenes?

I've been reading a lot of Percona, which seems to be a drop replacement for MySQL and offers a lot of performance gains as compared to MySQL. Check out these graphs that show the performance of Percona Vs. MySQL: #-Link-Snipped-# .

Curious to know if anyone here's had a chance to play with Percona. I'm curious to know what makes Percona faster and more efficient in handling the databases?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The term Pressure Groups was coined in U.S. Pressure groups work to promote and defend their interests. They are not interested in capturing political power or contesting elections. Their aim...
When the tech-savvy engineers among us are too lazy to move their hands while at their desk for work or homework, robots come to the rescue. Here comes in picture...
HOW CAN I COME ACROSS FREE COURSE MATERIAL ON LEARNING CATIA?
Ford India has relaunched its famous Classic sedan at slashed prices. The entire Ford Classic range now could be availed at Rs 4.99 (ex-showroom, Delhi), and the prices go up...
PC gamers can now see a glimmer of hope on the horizon as the most expensive game of all times, the Grand Theft Auto V surfaces on various regional Amazon...