PC Gamers Versus Console Gamers. Which Side Is Better ?

Some people think, Playing "Hardcore games" like Battlefield 3, God Of War, Farcry 2, Uncharted 2, Call OF Duty Series, etc etc makes them "Hardcore gamer". Well, that's funniest thing I've ever heard from any gamer, especially the one who plays only single player games & never been in any online game.
Any kid can grab a joystick & start popping buttons, real deal is getting in an online - battlefield & pop-out the brain of your opponent! Kabooom!

So, I wrote the above shit just to begin the debate in terms of "hardcore gamers" who stays online entire day on their PC & Console, just to unlock all end-game gears,weapons & characters, & prove themselves in the game that they're fucking PR0!

Let's have a debate, who wins between "PC Gamers" & "Console Gamers", if they are allowed to compete eachother in games like BF3, COD:MW3 or anyother breath-taking online campaigns.

Don't be a fanboy, because you own a console or a gaming rig. Let's get deep into the debate & let's find out which side wins in GAMING & why. Do justify your answer.

Debate On, Gamer CEans ๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Console! Period.

There's one big advantage that PC gamers have though: They can upgrade to the latest GPUs from NVIDIA or AMD any time they like. Console gamers have to stick to the hardware from the past.

But the console gamers have easy access to exclusive games and big TVs. If it's for the thorough 'gaming' experience - consoles win. If you want to play 'Prince' and "Mario" retro games, go with PC.

I'm surprised that mobile gaming is left out of this conversation. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I don't own a console but I suppose console gamers have the edge in gameplay. They can game lying down, chilling on sofa or standing up. More exhilaration than just stuck at the keyboard/mouse on chair (assuming in this debate PC Gamers stick faithfully to using keyboard and mouse).

Technically, PC gamers have the advantage of millisecond precision and hardware response times. So in affect, movement and aiming is key especially in FPS games.

For other gaming genre's? How about racing, fighting?

For those who game on both PC & console, which one can you play on a long online match comfortably?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# Now I am quite sure you've never jumped into online gaming like BF3.

Have heard of Dota2,WoW & LoL ?

BTW this debate is in terms on gaming experience & not Hardware related.

I believe TPS or any TP/RP games like God of war,Prince of persia,Splinter cell etc is fun playing in consoles.
    But when it comes to online competing in FPS games like COD,BF3,etc you can't beat PC,because FPS games were originated in PC & you can't neglect the fact that FPS is better played with mouse & Keyboard than Joystick.

BTW,Can you tell me which online games you played in your PS3,so we can chat about that specific game & compare it with PC,if that title is available in PC.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I can't imagine playing Metal Gear Solid 4 on a PC. I'd prefer a dedicated gaming controller over mouse and keyboard any day.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    PC rules

Multi player single play call it what it may be

PC can never be equated by consoles any time

This is cos graphics at high end are really an issue with consoles performance

But still as games develop consoles develop as well I can't reject that so are the graphic intensive performance of the computer
  • Phenomenal
    Phenomenal
    PC is much better (I am not a HARDCORE gamer.... and here's why):
    • It is easier to upgrade.Components+Repair/RMA is much easier.
    • Though not all the latest "console" games are available initially,almost all famous games will definitely have a PC version.
    • Wide variety ๐Ÿ˜ Consoles can't beat this!!!Ever!
    • Multipurpose system : Can act as a HTPC,Gaming Rig,Work Station all using common h/w.
    • Has higher processing+gfx power.
    • You can buy and use a gaming controller for a PC,it's that simple!!!!
    • Cost involved in relatively lower - for games+electricity+experience,serves as a COMPLETE PACKAGE.
      It's 2013 and I'll still go for a PC ๐Ÿ˜
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    We're debating in terms of gameplay & not hardware capabilities.

By the way, I would like to mention you that, Consoles hardware is customized architecture for pure-gaming, so hardware of consoles will always be better than PC.
    Though, you might say that in PC you can upgrade gfx cards, RAMs whatever. But, Console hardware > PC Hardware, in terms of gaming, Period!

Oops, let's get back to the topic : GAMEPLAY.
  • Spaceship
    Spaceship
    I generally prefer PC gaming, do to the possibility of game mods. I play mostly RPGs and strategy, and I like to download user created content to add to my game. That means PC is pretty much the only way to go for my play style.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Though a PS3 owner; I've not played any indie games on the console yet. Will have to download them from PSN network I guess. On the PC side, I've played prince of persia on my Laptop and it wasn't a better experience as compared to dedicated console gameplay.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Intel intends to deliver on the ever-growing need of storage space for Cloud Computing. The Solid-State Drive Data Center S3500 Series aims to increase multicore CPU utilization, reduce rack space...
The biggest problem associated with two-wheelers, especially scooters is that getting your vehicle on the main stand is a trouble. I haven't seen much of innovation on that front, but...
The message is very simple, Yahoo isn't interested in being the alternate recovery mail ID you only log in to, well, recover your passwords for other mail accounts. And if...
i'm a ece 2013 passout,Is there any certification courses that will provides money monthly after the completion of the course. plz reply me with your kind heart.........