Payment Gateway That Allow Payments From Mobile Balance?

I'm wondering if there's any service provider, payment gateway in India that allows you to make payments from your current mobile balance. For example, if I'm buying something that costs Rs. 100 and my mobile is charged for Rs. 500 (balance), the service would deduct Rs. 100 from my balance and reduce it to Rs. 400. The seller gets paid by the payment gateway after deduction of its commission.

I've not done much deeper search; but I remember reading about RBI guidelines in India that 'may' prevent such type of transactions.

Does anyone here have any information about such payment gateway?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    So we are talking about "Direct mobile operator billing" here. I see that there are several players in this market. See these -

Paychamp lets you pay through the mobile phone bill.

JunoTele enables telecom operators to bill users in real-time. Great for: in-app purchases, micro-payment for websites etc.

Yippster does the same. It becomes a payment gateway and makes payment possible via user's prepaid or postpaid telephone account.

iPayy uses various operators such as Idea or Airtel to let users make payments via their mobile balance if the product/service is in the range of Rs. 100 and Rs 500.

I am not sure how any of the above services have taken off. Anyone here has used a service that lets you pay for a product through their mobile carrier balance? Especially for really low priced products/services?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Manish Goyal
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Yeah, did check that service. Not sure if they allow merchant payments. For example, can you use M-Pesa service to buy a pen drive for under Rs. 500?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Not sure, I had developed a payment page for paying to a saas service using mpesa long time ago, so I guess it should work for this too
  • Suhail K. Khan
    Suhail K. Khan
    Ya i too have this idea in mind to develop this SKD where max general people (which called as Mass people) don't want to use ATM or card to pay , Can use such services.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A team of researchers from Berkeley Lab in the U.S. have come up with a new solution in the form of a 2D Laser that can take them a step...
Sony India has announced the official launch of its latest Android smartphones in the Z Series - the Sony Xperia Z5 Dual and Xperia Z5 Premium - the world’s first...
Quote: Scientists have been warning for decades that human actions are pushing life on our shared planet toward mass extinction. Such extinction events have occurred five times in the past,...
Hi, I am Pankaj Dubey, Working with Yash Technologies Pvt Ltd as a Technical recruiter. I have done my BE with Computer science engineering from Indore.
Old hat to many digital CEans perhaps. May still be useful to others. Quote:Thanks to digital photography, everyone has a camera in their pocket and pictures are now instantly accessible...