Pavlok Wristband To Help You Form Habits That Stick With You. Forever.

If you happen to be one of those who believe you can't get work done or achieve your weight-loss goals without some kind of shock treatment, this may well be the next device you ought to purchase. Kind of a shocker with its unique feature, the Pavlok Wristband designed by a Stanford University alumni - Maneesh Sethi and Jim Lynch from Northeastern University, is a new wearable gadget in town that is launched with a goal to help you meet your goals.

Can't get off the sofa and hit the gym? Delaying that work-out plan you saw on the internet indefinitely? Pavlok Wristband can help you form habits that will stick with you forever and ever, just because it won't hesitate in giving you a electric shock if you don't deliver the commitments you made to yourself. Proudly being flaunted with the tagline "The Habit Forming Device", Pavlok Wristband wants you to meet your deadlines and become more productive.

pavlok-wristband

The simple and easy-to use device offers accurate tracking and reminders that trigger ‘on-your-wrist’ to change users’ brains and form the habits they wish they had. Interestingly, they designers have used a technique called "negative and positive reinforcement" that will nudge the user to change his/her behavior for better. It will give you the push that will help you in transforming as well as forming the habit to maintain their transformation. Now, that's a whole package for the lazy-bums among us.

Wait, there's more. There is going to be a facility that lets the user team with a partner (It could very well be your gym instructor), because the developers have done research that suggest if a person is made accountable to someone, the chances of their achieving their targets increase a lot. Using an app or through Facebook, this partner can know if you haven't done your bit - It could be submitting the documents or running 3 miles a day. And when they know, they can trigger the electric shock using a simple push button. Ha!

Pinch-Butt
It is going to hurt.​

The team is aiming for a crowdfunding in fall and a subsequent launch. We are eager to know what happens when the product is launched by early 2015. What are your thoughts on the Pavlok wristband wearable device and its shock treatment technique? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    The device seems to be good, but still scratching my head to understand how the device will track the activity.

Take a example of medical help - we configures it for a person for stop smoking, I got the point that if the person will smoke the device will give him a shot, but how come device will come to know about it (Only via the partner, or it has a self mechanism as well)? any clue?

Anyways, if it will do that on its own - this would certainly be termed as a cool innovation.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Nothing less than ridiculous. I for one don't trust those charlatan contraptions. They may work well for one person, and fail completely on another. They are likely to give you a cancer in the long run. !
  • Chaitanya Kukde
    Chaitanya Kukde
    I second #-Link-Snipped-# .. Not much impressive. The electric shock serves simply as a reminder, nothing more. And as with any electronic reminder, one can silence it... For a solid habit try the Alarm Clock Pro app and set the alarm tone to this video

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I completed my BE in EEE, I have to wait for ~1 yr (back papers), so I would like to join a course, a trending course that has good future...
Since last ~2 days, YouTube's constantly showing "An error occurred. Please try again later. Read More" message on any video that I try to access on YouTube. Allow me to...
At some point of time, most of us would have done education with traditional learning methodology, i.e. class room coaching. In older time parents used to think that, their wards...
What would be the maximum possible efficiency of an electric motor??? And what would be the efficiency difference in a series and shunt motor?
Hii all, I am doing my post graduation in Signal Processing. I am searching for the project in Image Processing. I want to do it with LabView as the tool....