Part 1: VB.NET Superiority over Java

Hello tech-guys,

Its really very easy to find out how Java is good and all its great features but there is hardly any awareness of how good are the other language over java ( no doubt java is good ) but request is to masters and software experts in this part 1 to share their view on how VB.NET can be good over java application .

!! Your experiences and thoughts might urge to learn this language along with Java !! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Regards
King99

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I cannot say much as Java is actually superior over VB.NET in specific. But anyways,

Advantages:
    1. VB.NET has a Syntax, which is very easy to understand and learn. ๐Ÿ˜€
    2. It has pre-defined classes and interfaces for almost all kind of operations like I/O, System, Memory, etc. ๐Ÿ˜€

Drawbacks:
    1. VB.NET's IDE runs only in Windows. ๐Ÿ˜”
    2. VB.NET doesn't run in Mono, so it is platform dependent. ๐Ÿ˜”
    3. VB.NET is NOT FREE! ๐Ÿ˜”

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey... m a final yr student doin diploma in computers... i needed some project topics as m confused. it can be anything on c, c++, java or vb.... or some...
Hi every one, I am an electrical engineer associted with Heavy engineering corporation since last 16 yrs. An hobbiest for electronic projects based on micro controller- USB etc. Its nice...
Please suggest from your experience. These days i am preparing for the placements. Should i do quant question also.? what should i prepare for Tech Interview , i am from...
Hii friends.. Have you read the book "THE ALCHEMIST"?? It completely takes you to the new world and makes you to think in a different way ,i mean morally.. So...
Dear CEans, Via open source Mobile OS ( Android) and normal Bluetooth dongle ( A2DP- protocol ), can we develope a video game application in which game can be played...