Panasonic P81 Launched - Features 1.7 GHz Octa Core, 5.5 Inch Screen And Android Jelly Bean

Panasonic Corporation has launched a new and much-talked about smartphone - "Panasonic P81" in India today. The all-new Dual-SIM (GSM+GSM) smartphone, features a 1.7 GHz Octa Core processor, 1GB RAM and the slightly old Android Jelly Bean v4.2.2 operating system with Play Life UI. Equipped with the usual G-Sensor, Light Sensor and Proximity Sensor, the Panasonic P31 features a 5.5 inch IPS HD screen with multi-touch support. Panasonic P81 sports a 13.0 Megapixel auto focus rear camera with LED Flash and a secondary camera on the front which is a 2 megapixel one, whereas on the inside it packs a 8GB internal memory expandable up to 32GB via microSD card. The phone supports high quality 1080p @ 30 fps video playback.

Among the several connectivity features, the phone brings support for Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 2G and 3G Network, HDMI Port, GPS Support, USB connectivity as well as GPRS. A 2500 mAh battery provides power to this smartphone and on the phone's body you will find a 3.5 mm audio jack for plugging in earphones as well as the usual loud speakers.

panasonic-p81-smartphone-india

Now coming to the additional smart features that the Panasonic P81 is equipped with, there's a Multi-Play option that allows user to open two windows at one time and work on multiple applications simultaneously without any slowness or lagging issues. Other than that, there's Gesture Play and File Manager facilities. Users can assign gestures for the various apps they use frequently and just draw them on the screen and access them even without unlocking your smartphone. The memory on the Panasonic P81 can be managed using the Device Cleaner app that automatically keeps a check on your device storage capacity and lets you install more applications. Another in-built app on the phone called 'Pop-I player' lets users watch movies or videos without hampering other work. They can simultaneously surf the internet, send texts and perform any other function.

Launched today, the Panasonic P81 is priced in India at Rs. 18, 990, but it is currently available on SnapDeal at a discounted price of Rs. 17,999. The phone is offered with Apps worth Rs.9900/- including Evernote 6 month Premium services worth Rs.1800/- and free entertainment download from Hungama for a month. The company claims that with the smartphone, buyers get accessories worth Rs.2000/- for free too.

That's all about the smartphone's features and price. What are your thoughts on the new Jelly Bean running P81? Share with us in comments.

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    With 1.7 GHz Octa Core processor, 1GB RAM, 13.0 Megapixel auto focus rear camera with LED Flash, 5.5 inch IPS HD screen with multi-touch support and 2500 mAh, phone has the hardware of a power house. Allowing the usage of multiple applications simultaneously without any slowness or lagging issues works as a cherry on the cake.

Outstanding phone in this price range 18000 INR. Especially when Panasonic is giving freebies worth 11,000.

In this price range phone is right ahead of Gionee Elife E7 and Micromax Canvas Knight .

However, I am not sure, why Panasonic has chosen to release the device with outdated Android 4.2.2, that's disappointing.
  • Apurwa.Thakur
    Apurwa.Thakur
    Where every big giant is releasing it smartphone with Kit-kat OS , Panasonic is still with jelly bean

Gionee E7mini have same feature with Panasonic smartphone almost but still E7mini look better in design due to rotating camera.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you are a regular bicycle rider, you will be familiar to the fact that your bicycle never remains safe in the basement or any parking lot ever. Velo Labs...
I want to buy a new router. I was using a BSNL router but it is now not working properly. Internet connection is disconnected after every 10 minutes. I am...
I have seen a video about electronic Project, now days I am trying to implement on my final year project. Practically I face with some trouble... for example. Real project...
Founded by Vishal Devanath and Krishna Bharadwaj in February 2013, SMERGERS is a Bangalore-based startup that specializes in the online financial services market. An Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) focused...
BMW Motorcycles India has launched their all new sports bike - the BMW S1000R as promised in the country today. The ravishing new street-naked bike from BMW might have been...