Panasonic P51 Price In India Is INR 26,900 - Direct Competition With Nexus 4?

Panasonic India has today launched its new 'out of the world' smartphone called the Panasonic P51 at Rs. 26,900/-. If you're someone who keeps an eye for the gadget-related news, you can easily see that with the launch of Google Nexus 4 Price In India Is INR 25,990. Now Available For Pre-Order. in India, there is a cut-throat competition between these tech giants, as far as price is concerned. Both of these smartphones run on the Google's Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) OS and have similar competitors with LG Optimus F5 Launch In India Soon - Features At A Glance, HTC One X or Samsung Galaxy S4 Vs. Samsung Galaxy S3 - Comparison. Coming to features of Panasonic P51, we have a phone that has a 5-inch IPS display with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution and 295 ppi pixel density. And though not the Gorilla Glass, we have our screen's safeguarding done by an Asahi DragonTrail scratch-proof and damage-proof glass.

Powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor and a 2,500mAh battery, the Panasonic P51 thrives on a storage worth 1 GB RAM and onboard 4 GB which can be extended up to 32 GB using the microSD card slot. The Panasonic P51 has dual-sim functionality and with support for 2G, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and microUSB, all your basic needs are taken care of. The rear end camera featured on this smartphone is a nice 8 megapixel autofocus one that has LED flash. And for making video calls back home, you can use the 1.3 megapixel HD front camera.

With dimensions on the tech specs list - 144 mm x 75 mm, 8.5mm thickness and 135 gram weight, the Panasonic P51 comes in the two basic colors - black and white. It goes without saying that the touchscreen has support for input via the stylus that comes bundled in the package and you also get magnetic flip cover for free in the offer. Speaking of offers, Panasonic seems to have struck a deal with the Times Internet Limited, the online division of The Times Of India Group, making it possible for the P51 to feature the TOI and ET apps in-built with it.

slide

Speaking at the launch, Manish Sharma, Managing Director, Panasonic India said that, "With an aim to garner a market share of 8% in the first year, this product will showcase the convergence of Panasonic’s pioneering technology and consumer insight. We are hopeful that consumers will embrace our phones with the same zeal and enthusiasm that they have shown for our VIERA and Panasonic Lumix's Latest Cameras LX7, G5, SZ5: Possible Winners range”. We know that for that smartphone to work, it has to find its appeal in the young and dynamic Indian Market. And rightfully so, the Japanese manufacturer has got actor Varun Dhawan, star from the Movie Student Of The Year as its new brand ambassador for the smartphone range.

We just want to know what the Indian minds are thinking looking at this new entry? Is it value for your money? Speak out in comments below.

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    What interests me is the 2500 mah battery when compared to the 2100 mah on Google Nexus!

*fingers crossed*
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Panasonic has more to add to India's Tech Headlines by being the Japanese handset maker who plans to eat the Samsung's smartphone market share in India with attractive EMI schemes and 'advanced tech', or so it says. Saying that, "Our USP will be the experience," the company has promised to launch a product portfolio of nine products ranging from 6,990 to 35,000 in the next three months.

What do you think about this move from Panasonic? Have your say.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Ankita Katdare
    Panasonic has more to add to India's Tech Headlines by being the Japanese handset maker who plans to eat the Samsung's smartphone market share in India with attractive EMI schemes and 'advanced tech', or so it says. Saying that, "Our USP will be the experience," the company has promised to launch a product portfolio of nine products ranging from 6,990 to 35,000 in the next three months.

What do you think about this move from Panasonic? Have your say.
    They'd probably start a trend of low pricey hi-tech gadgets. Won't take long for other companies to follow suite. But the question is, will Panasonic's products prove to be more durable and 'wanted' than the Apple/Samsung products in the actual market? We'll have to wait and see!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi everyone i'm new to programming and i have a project in which i have to use 4 threads to execute 4 methods using pthreads, let m1, m2, m3, m4...
Hi everyone, I was looking for a low power audio op amp for a project. I'll be using a 5V source and the input coming form pin 9 of an...
Hi there, In Network theorems, we say that in any Linear Bilateral Network.....(bla bla bla...) But Could anyone tell me the exact meaning of Linear and Bilateral? Thanks in advance.....
We usually use Wired internet in our places which is quite good. However, now I am going out of my place and need to know, which wireless internet is good...
Google just pushed easier to develop android applications using new IDE, code name Android Studio New IDE is also compatible for all platform Windows, iOS and Linux. Earlier android IDE...