P versus NP problem Solved by Indian Origin Scientist

An Indian-origin computer scientist based in the US claims to have solved one of the world's most complex mathematical riddles.

Vinay Deolalikar, who works with the US multinational information technology corporation Hewlett-Packard in California, believes he has solved the problem of "P versus NP".
t is considered the "most difficult" one to be solved.

If his claim is proved correct, Deolalikar stands to earn a $1 million prize. 😀

P.S: Mathematicians Stephen Cook and Leonid Levin formalised the problem in 1971.

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Please provide the source of this information
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    This is really a great news and yes it is very difficult to solve and our indian scientist did this ,its really very innovative.Yet it is not proved but he claimed is great.
    We know that till now all the problem are have polynomial time algorithm but yet it is not discovered that problem having no -polynomial time algorithm and also not proved that no polynomial time algorithm can exist for those problem.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Thats really great news.......but can u please give the source of this news....
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    source :-
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Great news for all the INDIAN engineers.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I don't know what is the basic N =NP problem in a sense to comment on it, but since the problem was framed by Mathematicians I believe its a great feat to conceive .

But I don't get one more thing- why is an achievement of a single individual ( no longer in parent country) attributed to the country?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Here: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how will you find if a machine is a big endian or little endian?kindly explain about these endians?
hello.i am a newbie hare.i have applied for kvpy this year.and i want urgent help in this regard in making the project.pls guide me.
Besides 'study', which is pretty much the '80' part of the '80-20 principle' as it applies to the question, what would you advise doing while in college to prepare for...
Can anyone pls explain me what is JVM(Java virtual machine)? What are JSR and their significance?
I'm sure lot of Computer Science enthusiasts and mobile application developers will find the following information useful - Four part introduction to Samsung BADA OS - Part 1: https://media.wiley.com/assets/2249/08/introduction_to_bada_part_1.pdf Part...