Our Body as Touch Screen

[​IMG]

In the future, it looks like we may actually have the option of using our body as a touchscreen, allowing us to make calls, play music and play video games on our skin. Pretty crazy and weird, I know, but it’s a reality. In all honesty though, I would much rather play my video games on a high resolution screen, the skin really isn’t a nice display to play on, I’m just sayin’. At the same time this thing is still pretty freakin’ cool.

A group of researchers from Carngie Mellon University and Microsoft have developed the device called Skinput, which turns your body into a touchscreen by sensing movements in your skin and muscles. This research team is going to present a paper about Skinput next month at the Computer-Human Interaction conference...

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I don't like the concept though. You'll need a projector to display stuff on the skin. I'm more interested in direct brain to machine interface.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    I don't like the concept though. You'll need a projector to display stuff on the skin. I'm more interested in direct brain to machine interface.
    Anyways, now HCI is in its peak. A few more years and what you think will be done by the computers! 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Never Disrespect Others Love​ ​​ A poor boy loved a rich girl. One day the boy proposed her. Then the girl said, "Listen! Your monthly salary is my daily hand...
Hi friends, I thought of sharing a simple canvas animation to make a ball bounce within a square. We are going to use MooTools library in this. Okay, we have...
Hello Friends please visit my website for Free microcontroller projects with source code & Circuit. Connect Nokia 5110 with Microcontroller to control devices. Binu
https://www.ted.com/talks/tim_berners_lee_on_the_next_web.html
https://www.ted.com/talks/lang/en/clay_shirky_how_cellphones_twitter_facebook_can_make_history.html