Orkut Virus

Hi friends....how are u all..
actually i have a problem which i wnt to discuss here.....
whenever i type orkut in my web browser...it displays a dialog box with message...
"orkut is banned u fool..guess who did it........."
something like that...
What could be the problem???
Please suggest some way to get rid of it......
I am Using KASPERSKY antivirus..v 7.0.0.125....

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Seems to me that you've a virus on your machine which fires up the message every time you access Orkut. I suggest that you download AVAST antivirus (Free, Home Edition) and scan your computer.

Let us know if it helps.

-The Big K-
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Oh, this is a common virus at my comp labs. This also affects Firefox, I believe. To get rid of it, you need to open the Windows Manager taskbar (ctrl+shift+esc), and click on process. Theres a rouge svchost.exe process under the username you have logged in, in the next column. If you logged in as Ankur, the svchost.exe is run under that. End that process immediately.

If any doubt, just end any svchost.exe process thats NOT under SYSTEM, NETWORK SERVICE or LOCAL SERVICE.

Next, open your root drive (C:\) and make sure you can see all hidden files and protected operating files. The folder you want to delete is "heap41a".

This virus is commonly spread through pen drives. The pen drives are infected with a file called microsoftpowerpoint.exe or something like that, and it is run by an autorun.ini file. Make sure you end the svchost.exe process to delete both the heap41a and the .exe file in the pendrive. Its pretty annoying. Good luck!
  • joe maya
    joe maya
    1) Remove the process svchost.exe [There are many svchost.exe but you should only stop the one with your account name on it.]
    2)Remove the folder heap41a if its present in your computer whether hidden or not.
    3)Over.
  • aashima
    aashima
    ash
    Oh, this is a common virus at my comp labs. This also affects Firefox, I believe. To get rid of it, you need to open the Windows Manager taskbar (ctrl+shift+esc), and click on process. Theres a rouge svchost.exe process under the username you have logged in, in the next column. If you logged in as Ankur, the svchost.exe is run under that. End that process immediately.

If any doubt, just end any svchost.exe process thats NOT under SYSTEM, NETWORK SERVICE or LOCAL SERVICE.

Next, open your root drive (C:\) and make sure you can see all hidden files and protected operating files. The folder you want to delete is "heap41a".

This virus is commonly spread through pen drives. The pen drives are infected with a file called microsoftpowerpoint.exe or something like that, and it is run by an autorun.ini file. Make sure you end the svchost.exe process to delete both the heap41a and the .exe file in the pendrive. Its pretty annoying. Good luck!
    Thanks Ash. That was good piece of information. I didn't face it on my system but I came across it on another system I was working on. At that time I thought someone might have played a prank with the system's owner. 😛

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

New CEans, If you need urgent help with anything related to CE, feel free to send an instant message on Yahoo Messenger @ crazy.engineers . If I'm online, I'll be...
what is paging in os??? Tell me a site where i could refer to the fundamentals of paging.
Hi Everybody, This time I came to seek help from, I need topics based on which I can make simple working models regarding electrical & electronics branch. I will be...
well...i want to do a mini-project in da field of instrumentation and control(prefferably)...culd neone...suggest me hw do i select a topic n strt up?????
CEans, This debate is inspired by Mr. Kanetkar's answer to our question "[FONT=verdana,geneva]India is focusing more on services than product sector. With the current burgeoning service industry, by what time...