Orange Klif Firefox OS Smartphone Specifications, Features And Price Out

The Mobile World Congress (MWC 2015) event is going on in full swing and some of the biggest tech giants are making some of the biggest announcements of the year as you read this. One such company is ALCATEL ONETOUCH. They've announced partnership with Mozilla Firefox to launch a smartphone that has the potential to make mobile internet reach every pocket in the entire world. The entry-level smartphone is called 'Orange Klif' and Alcatel Onetouch thanks Orange & Firefox both for supporting their launch. Keeping in mind the affordability factor, let's check out some of the specifications highlighted by the company.

Alcatel's Orange Klif smartphone features a 1.0 GHz Dual Core MediaTek processor and packs 512MB ROM and 256MB RAM, alongside microSD card support up to 32 GB. Sporting a 3.5 inch HVGA capacitive screen with a 320x480 pixel resolution with a TFT 252K color display, the Orange Klif smartphone features one point touch with gesture. At 11.9 mm the phone looks thicker than its mid-budget counterparts and features a 1300 mAh hard pack battery that has a charging time of 3.3 hours and offers talk time of 6.2 hours and standby of more than 10 days on 3G.

Alcatel-Onetouch-Firefox-Orange-Klif
Running on the highly optimised Firefox OS v2.0, the Orange Klif smartphone features Dual SIM cards and GPS support. The phone supports 3G+. HSPA+ and 21/5.76Mbps in the connectivity section. Moreover, there's a 2 megapixel camera that features LED flash and 4x optical zoom.​

That's all about the tech specs. The company has priced the Orange Klif smartphone at $40 and the French carrier Orange will begin selling it with a data package on the continent in the second quarter of this year. What are your thoughts on the new Firefox OS powered smartphone? Share with us in comments below.

Source: www.alcatelonetouch.com

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The mobile manufacturing company from Finland, Jolla Ltd. is an independent designer, developer and vendor of Jolla smartphones and Jolla tablets. It is also credited with developing an open source...
Hello, I am a new member. I have some question concerning data acquisition on a torque sensor. I have a torque sensor that I use to mesure the torque and...
As a mechanical engineer i have 90% on field job and i hate it and i particularly dont find any scope in it. What am i good at is desk...
Every year the Mobile World Congress serves us products that we have been expecting for a long time and sometimes this event sees product launches that are totally unexpected. Today...
Project Abstract / Summary : ABSTRACT With the increasing number of people in opportunistic cities existing problem of poor transportation services has grown to an alarming extent. Due to non-availability...