OPTIMIZATION OF PROCESS PARAMETERS FOR CNC TURNED PARTS USING RESPONSE SURFACE METHODOLOGY

Project Abstract / Summary : The project aims at the optimization of CNC turning operations when used over Oil Hardened Non-Shrinking Steel (OHNS) material considering Depth of Cut, Cutting Speed and Feed Rate as the process parameters. During the minor project such an experiment was theorized while the major project endeavors to bring that experiment into fruition. The minor project involved the selection and description of the material, the input and the output parameters chosen and finally the method of optimization which was decided upon. The major project will deal with the actual machining operation and the optimization of the results using the Response Surface Methodology technique.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : As OHNS is widely and cheaply available-with relatively high strength-it is not given the attention it deserves. By optimization of machining of OHNS on the current machining infrastructure, it's application can increase manifold.

Project Highlights : The reason why our project deserves a win is because of the possible increase of application of the material. As we are using current machining conditions, it does not require any drastic change in infrastructure and can be readily adopted. Also, it is relatively cheaper and will help bringing down costs.

Project Category : Mechanical / Automobile / Aeronautical
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology
City: Delhi
State: New Delhi
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Researchers from the Institute for Human and Machine Cognition, Florida, have programmed Google’s Atlas robot to perform household chores such as picking up trash and vacuuming. The Atlas, which was...
Pencil, cardboard and teflon tape have more to them than meets the eye. Xiao Sheng Zhang of the University of Tokyo has discovered a way of producing power equivalent of...
can anyone tell us about the output waveform of pwm inverter sg3524?
Would anybody please specify me the relevant formula to calculate the weight of exhaust gas for obtaining the heat balancing of a 4 stroke petrol engine.
@Ankita Katdare .. Hi Ankita, I have got CDAC Hyd. for the Feb. 2015 batch. Can you please tell me the status of placement for the DAC ? I am...