Optical Character Recognition Project

Hi guys, i m planning to do a image processing project for my final year. The project is extracting the text from a image and One of the main focuses will be developing a generic way to recognize different fonts.
My supervisor asked me to research more and try to put some extra features since there are some commercial application already in the market.
Guys please help me..if anyone has some ideas tell me..please

Replies

• innovatives
    innovatives
    hello frnd,do u have any idea hw to do this project...actually i m also working on the same project....if u have succesfully done ur project plz help me....
  • mikelilin
    mikelilin
    If you want to recognize text from images and scanned document, you need the OCR tool and library to help you. if you want to use #-Link-Snipped-# tool, you can try tesseract ocr engine, it's the best open source library. and it supports 100+ languages, can recognize different fonts from images.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, how does an gps receiver could process the information obtained from about 20 satellites and shows the approximate location of an area without data collision?
i need some ideas 4 my final year project...
freinds, i have a doubt in the project circuit that iam doing. The project is 8 bit digital firing circuit of a TRIAC. The doubt in the circuit is 1)...
what is a sequence generator??how it works?and y do we need it ??and where it is used ??😕
what is actually music.??Is it a form of digital signals??How can we listen to music through headphones??😕