OPPO Neo 3 Specs Review - The War Against Xiaomi, Moto E & Asus Zenfone

OPPO Mobile India is here with the new iteration of their old smartphone by launching the OPPO Neo 3, a Dual SIM Android phone that's priced at Rs. 10,990. The Indian mobile phone consumer market is currently abuzz with phones from companies such as Xiaomi, ASUS and Zenfone, with their latest cheaply priced smartphones selling like hot cakes on e-commerce portals. It is quite interesting to see that the OPPO Neo 3 smartphone offers almost the same specs and features as the Moto E Launched In India; Goes For Sale At Midnight On Flipkart For Rs. 6,999 or ASUS Zenfone 4 A450CG Pre-Orders Begin In India - Can It Beat Xiaomi Redmi 1S? or Xiaomi Redmi 1S & Note, Priced Rs. 6999 & Rs. 9999, Arrive In India On August 26, but at a much higher price. Let us review the specifications list accompanying the newest competitor from OPPO to find out more.

Running on Android Jelly Bean with ColorOS, the OPPO Neo 3 features a 4.5 inch FWVGA screen with 480 x 854 pixel resolution display. Powered by a 1.3 GHz Dual Core processor, the smartphone packs inside it 1GB RAM and 4GB internal memory which is expandable up to 32GB via microSD card support. On the rear end is a 5 megapixel camera with flash (which happens to be the only upgrade over the older OPPO Neo) and on the front side, there's a 2 megapixel snapper for taking selfies and making video calls. A 1900 mAh battery provides the phone with power and features such as - 3G, 2G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS/AGPS caters for the user's connectivity needs. At just 9.2 mm, the phone looks as thin as some of its competitors and weighs about 130 g.

Oppo-Neo-3-India-Launch Oppo-neo-3-back
The phone has already begun sales through retail stores as well as e-commerce sites like Flipkart and the OPPO Neo 3 bears the model number R831K. OPPO's high end devices such as Find 7 OR OPPO N1 (the one with rotating camera) have received some good reviews from customers, but that does not seem to be the case with its so-called low-end phone options. To gain a strong foothold in the Indian budget phone market, the company needs to really up their game. Do let us know what are your thoughts on that in comments.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• prahu mac
    prahu mac
    seriously it's becoming like a mobile war!!!!!!!!!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Agree with you #-Link-Snipped-# Since the last couple of years, there's this mad frenzy that has begun among the young Indian crowd, where people are always talking about the Android smartphones over the clinking of cup at the tea-stalls as well as in the households. It's good to see though that since people have so many options in a particular price range, they have become conscious buyers.
    Gone are the days when a phone would go on sale just because two of your friends recommend it. 😁
    The specs comparison tools available online make it very easy to take better decisions.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    The smartphone war means that we are getting more options but my concern is that are they cutting some corners to make the devices cheap?
    Some folks who bought the Moto G complained about the dismal quality of earpieces. If the companies just indulge in tech specs shootout without taking care of little but important things its the people who suffer at the end of the day.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Ankita Katdare
    The specs comparison tools available online make it very easy to take better decisions.
    Yes, they are available but in for a long term review you still depend on your friend's opinion.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Agree with you on that, mate. Somehow people are still more important than some online specs-by-specs comparison sheet (at least in India).

Just wondering if there is a chance that a smartphone can be developed that's just about "perfect" in every aspect - be it the display, the processor, the UI, camera, the audio et al.
    I guess all we need is custom phones (both hardware & software). Once that is done, the next question will be - "Can we handle that kind of power?" 😁
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I do not see a single reason why Oppo kept the price 3-4 K more than MOTO, Xiomi or ASUS. Oppo had delivered impressive phones earlier but that doesn't entitled them to have a higher price tag.

I am afraid it may not catch up competitors in 6-8 K market.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Every party big or small requires music and if your budget is low, hiring a DJ to play the music isn’t an option. Keeping the budget conscious public in mind,...
XOLO India has come up with a new Android phone called the 'XOLO Play 8X-1100', the latest addition in the company's Play-series of smartphones targeted at gaming enthusiasts. Joining the...
I was reading a book the other day that got me thinking about how so many people are unable to take charge of their lives, (despite or due to) the...
electrical related business with good groth prospects in future i m sarthak khanna, b.e. EEE from MIT, MANIPAL. i would like to start a manufacturing unit i have capital and...
Him guys Being a new user I want to collect some important view from your end ,in today market every one want to be a engg doc MBA these are...