OPPO Joy Features 4 Inch Screen, Dual Core & Android Jelly Bean For Rs. 8,990

OPPO Electronics Corp - the China based gadget maker, has launched yet another Android smartphone in India with Oppo Joy. After the company's smashing entry in the market with Oppo N1 Featuring Rotating Camera To Launch In India - Best For Your Next Selfie? and then OPPO R1 Price And Specs Unveiled, Features Android 4.2 And Quad Core Processor, the company is now trying to build a strong foothold in the already overcrowded space. Running on a 1.3GHz Dual Core processor, the Oppo Joy smartphone has a 4 inch screen with 480 x 800 pixel resolution. Powered by Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system, atop with Oppo's ColourOS Skin, the phone features 512 MB RAM, 4GB internal memory and no microSD support. A 1700 mAh battery delivers power to the smartphone, which weighs just 125 g.

There's a 3 megapixel camera on the rear end and a 0.3 megapixel shooter on the front. The cameras support advanced features such as Face detection and Burst shoot. For Network, the Oppo Joy bring support for GSM and WCDMA whereas the connectivity options include - Bluetooth, WiFi hotspot, WiFi display and DLNA. The dimensions of the phone are 124mm x 63 mm x 9.9 mm.

oppo-joy_1
oppo-joy_2 oppo-joy_3 oppo-joy_4 oppo-joy_5

With an offer of free 5GB cloud storage space of its own O-Cloud service, Oppo wants to lure its customers with extra data space instead of the microSD card support. The only good thing about the phone is that it is a Dual-SIM (GSM + GSM) one. The Oppo Joy is priced at Rs. 8,990 in India and that's all about its features and specs.

We believe the company should offer more for less price and not the vice-versa. What are your thoughts? Share with us in comments.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Worst specs that could be offered for that high price tag.I will never ever suggest it to anybody as price is not justified.
    A battery of 1700mAh , 512MB RAM
    and no option for external sd card were features which i hate most.
    For that price tag, I would go for a Samsung galaxy series or Lumia series phones which has great specs for less price.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    As mentioned by #-Link-Snipped-#, OPPO has done a smashing entry with Oppo N1 Featuring Rotating Camera To Launch In India - Best For Your Next Selfie? and then OPPO R1 Price And Specs Unveiled, Features Android 4.2 And Quad Core Processor, but with the time they are reducing their configurations.

Though the new entrant from OPPO is a low budget price still I have doubts if it will sustain the competition with the fellow compatriots (even a bigger player's Nokia Lumia 525 is available in 9500+). I did not like the looks as well.

Disappointed.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Talking to reporters at the Humans 2 Mars Conference, Heather Smith of NASA's Ames Research Center said that researchers have proposed a plant-growth experiment on Mars with the help of...
No more waiting till the results of the blood tests are out to know the correct diagnosis. If the lab-on-a-chip (LOC) concept from engineers at Michigan University works out for...
hello..! I WIL introduce my self ,you can call me ryan,now 20th years old,i'm undergraduate in faculty engineering in UNSYIAH Aceh.I hope with informations from this site it can help...
My academic interaction with regular engineering teaching is almost half a century back. What is the current generation's thoughts on this? https://epaper.newindianexpress.com/c/2815332
which institute should i select between cetpa and niit for my summer training course ? I want to lean java in any one of these institutes and i am confused...