opensuse

One of my friend has brought an OS named as 'opensuse'. It is an OS of linux, but it is entirely different from others, it is not supporting either NTFS or FAT.
I am trying to understand this OS ...

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    Hearing for the first time about the open use operating system..
  • Leo
    Leo
    Open SUSE is Slackware based Linux. Slackware is most powerful advanced user free Linux Distro on which Open SUSE is based. It have very powerful and flawless command line that any Linux Distro may have(Excluding power user Distro Fedora). And i never heard it not supporting file systems. Try to use a newer version.
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    @leo: can you please tell something more about slackware....
    I have marked that when i install Open Suse operating system, it ask for the full HDD for installation and not the partition of HDD....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
  • Leo
    Leo
    rishi0922
    @leo: can you please tell something more about slackware....
    I have marked that when i install Open Suse operating system, it ask for the full HDD for installation and not the partition of HDD....
    Hi Rishi sorry but i can't really help you in this case because i never used SUSE after installation because even being a Slackware derivative it is pretty heavy on resources. I know a little because i love trying different OSes but my personal favorites are Ubuntu, Backtrack and PCLinux OS. It's really good and a perfect eye candy OS but i never got attracted to it. But there is real Linux Geek available on CE, Vk001ind, he might help you, visit him and leave him a message
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    He helped me solve my Linux Mysteries, i am sure he will help you solve yours.
    Happy Computing.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey

Hey there, my name is Patryk. Lets see, I am a senior in high school. I play play soccer for my varsity team and basketball in an outside league. You...
OK, so I posted in the Introductions section saying that I am totally new to Electrical Engineering; I am not even in college! I have decided to leap into it...
hello friends, I want to know that why HPFS is not recommended in small systems with less then 16 MB of RAM? HPFS stands for High Performance File System.
This idea struck my mind just now. Let's have an Engineering Purity Test on CE. What this test would contain is a set of say 20/30 questions that decides if...
I found this Webcomic on the TechRepublic Website. Sharing it with you all. 😁 😁 😁