Open Source IDE for Webdevelopment

Hey friends, Now i am using Aptana studio but for Ruby rails it gives problem for GEMS.
Suggest me any other OPEN SOURCE IDE.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Suhel143
    Hey friends, Now i am using Aptana studio but for Ruby rails it gives problem for GEMS.
    Suggest me any other OPEN SOURCE IDE.
    What operating system are you using? The selection of IDE would be restricted to the Operating System.
  • Suhel Inamdar
    Suhel Inamdar
    windows
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Suhel143
    windows
    Okay. I guess you can try NetBeans; which I believe would be very similar to Aptana. You haven't mentioned how large your projects are. For smaller projects, I'd recommend Brackets.io - a text editor; but offers lot of cool functionality.

If you are seriously into Ruby Development, I'd recommend having a look at Rubymine from JetBrains. It's a paid software; but I guess it'd be totally worth it.

Also, it'd help if you could share what problems you are facing with GEMs so that we can see if other options don't have the same problem.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council has released a press news unveiling a sensational Micro Air Vehicle that mimics the flying mechanism of the Bat (Chiropetra). The unnamed flying...
MIT engineers have recently constructed a microfluidic device in order to quickly scan a range of electric potentials required for the genetic material, DNA to get into a cell. Genetic...
Japan based Canon Inc. which is known throughout the world for their SLR cameras has now introduced a new one for the camera markets. A successor to its very well...
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation has announced that it has developed an aerial display that projects images into midair. Images measuring approximately 56 inches diagonally can be projected by this system. The...
I am a honours student in Computer Science. I am looking for some ideas to create software dealing with encryption. The software ideas that I am looking for are dealing...