OOPS! - SUN - ORACLE Deal

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#
European antitrust regulators have formally objected to Oracle Corp.'s $7.4-billion US takeover of Sun Microsystems Inc., citing concerns that the takeover could hurt competition in the database market.

The uncertainty caused by the EU probe is costing Sun $100 million US a month, Oracle CEO Larry Ellison has said. When Sun released its first-quarter results last week, it revealed a revenue decline of 25 per cent, as competitors IBM and HP, among others, benefited from customer unease over Sun's future.

Replies

• Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Additional Information

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've been facing a strange issue with Yahoo Mail & Firefox. When I login to my Yahoo mail using Firefox latest - and then try to logout, nothing happens. Upon...
CEans, We've confirmation from the cofounder of Wikipedia Mr. Jimmy Wales for our Small Talk. Thanks to persistent efforts by our CEan - Mad_Scientist that we got a chance to...
Lot of students are told that 'In today's world, one cannot really survive without a post graduate degree'. Even on CE, we see lot of engineering students asking whether they...
Hey guys just got hands on list of top laptops of 2009 under Rs. 50,000 published by PC world. Looks like Acer and Dell are ruling the roost. Check out...
Hello, i'm a telecommunication engineering student, my graduation project is about transmitting body vital signs like temperature, ECG & heart beat using the GSM modems. i have searched almost everywhere...