Only theory for final year students

The University of Madras is contemplating dispensing the final year projects for students
who study in the university institute of distance education by replacing the final year projects with the theory paper.

The purpose of having projects in the final year is to test their technical knowledge and to develop their skill.Most of the employed people who want to go the next higher position and college dropouts pursue courses through distance education method.When they asked to do the project either they get the project from the companies or from their seniors.

considering the above issue University vice chancellor,prof Thiruvasagam told it is not proper to buy the project and submit it in their names.To solve this problem,we are thinking of replacing the final year project with a theory paper.

Will it be worth of having theory papers inspite of project??

Replies

• Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande
    That's not a right decision I suppose. I know lot of student used to buy the project but this is surely not a solution to it. Adding a theory paper only adds tension to student of scoring marks and teachers for checking papers.
    Also this project work is really helpful in interviews. It has to be there.
    This is indeed not right.
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    I don't think that theory papers are capable of teaching us the practical knowledge which practical projects can do.........
    If not major then atleast they should include a minor project.....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Ceans, After the great response of CCFL and CCFL2.0 (Crazy Cricket Fantasy League) i am planning to start Session-III of CCFL to entertain our Sport lover Ceans. So, before...
Kappsoft Invites Resumes! Join the Kappsoft team to explore the exciting opportunities. We have immediate openings in Chennai, Bangalore, and our client offices in abroad, for the following positions. *The...
ICCOS 2011 - International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing is to be held on march 17-18th 2011.The National Conference on Communication and Signal Processing is going to be the...
hello can anyone help me in getting VHDL code for encoder, decoder, t,d , rs,jk flip flop thanks
M.P Nachimuthu M.Jaganathan Engineering College conducts 3rd international level one day conference on innovations in electrical and electronic engineering on 21st january 2011.The aim of this conference is to provide...