Online Help Desk using PHP

The idea of the project is to create a web application that serves as a help desk in a campus.

Abstract:

This is an application used to create a help desk that can be accessed by students to know about the campus.

This system can be used to automate the workflow of service requests for the various facilities in the campus. The application should cover different kinds of facilities like class-rooms, labs, hostels, canteen, gymnasium, computer center, etc.

Registered users should be able to log in a request for service for any of the supported facilities.

Facilities like emails, notifications, messages should be provided for better communication.

Requirements:
  • PHP

Replies

• Sruthi kathiravan
    Sruthi kathiravan
    Help me regarding this online help desk project...give me some ideas like domain how to create maps etc...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sruthi kathiravan
    Help me regarding this online help desk project...give me some ideas like domain how to create maps etc...
    Could you please describe your requirements a bit detail? Are you talking about Google Maps? How'd they fit in the helpdesk system?
  • Sruthi kathiravan
    Sruthi kathiravan
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Could you please describe your requirements a bit detail? Are you talking about Google Maps? How'd they fit in the helpdesk system?
    Well ty for replying me...this is my final year project am doing this for my university using kiosk so my staff told like my project's front end will be maps...I dunno whether it is possible to access google map for my university...and also this project will come under which domain may be GPS?? Am really confused...can u please suggest me how to do this...it 'll be helpful for me.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, it's possible to access Google Map for any geographic location. You simply need to make use of the Google Maps API. Take a look at all the available options: #-Link-Snipped-#

Without knowing about your project, it'd be difficult to classify it under any specific domain. Some more information about your project will help us offer more help to you. It'd be nice if you could ask very specific questions so that our fellow engineers can help you.
  • Sruthi kathiravan
    Sruthi kathiravan
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, it's possible to access Google Map for any geographic location. You simply need to make use of the Google Maps API. Take a look at all the available options: #-Link-Snipped-#

Without knowing about your project, it'd be difficult to classify it under any specific domain. Some more information about your project will help us offer more help to you. It'd be nice if you could ask very specific questions so that our fellow engineers can help you.
    Ok I'll clearly explain my project now it is online help desk for my university using kiosk... when a new student is entering my campus...he won't be knowing where is canteen,labs, his class room,etc....so he can access my kiosk to see where is his own class room along with the way path to walk to his class room...similar way anyone who is newly entering my university can find way to the desired places where they wanna go...help me please.U suggest me some ideas that i can follow am clueless.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, that looks like an easy project. You'll have to make yourself familiar with the Google Maps API. The documentation available on the Google Maps API site should give you all the details you need.

Second, the entire project looks like simple use of Directions API: Google Maps Platform Documentation  |  Directions API  |  Google Developers . Just study the API and it should have all the information you need.

The entire app can be coded as SPA or if you need to store any type of user data, you could look at having a server to do that. Totally depends upon how you wish to implement it.
  • Sruthi kathiravan
    Sruthi kathiravan
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, that looks like an easy project. You'll have to make yourself familiar with the Google Maps API. The documentation available on the Google Maps API site should give you all the details you need.

Second, the entire project looks like simple use of Directions API: Google Maps Platform Documentation  |  Directions API  |  Google Developers . Just study the API and it should have all the information you need.

The entire app can be coded as SPA or if you need to store any type of user data, you could look at having a server to do that. Totally depends upon how you wish to implement it.
    Ok..Tysm for giving me an idea...now i got some confidence thanks for ur words

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The idea is to develop an application that will be used to manage stationary and maintain records about the same. Abstract: This project is aimed at developing a tool for...
I am studying various excerpts in this domain..found interest in OCR...it would be very helpful if someone would enlighten about some more application aspects in this domain..
The project's idea is to create a website that can be used to maintain family and friends connections by communication and sharing means. Abstract: Family Connections is an content management...
now that we know the various types of springs, their applications, their design formulae, as well as the materials well suited for them, now do we go about manufacturing them...
hey.. does the C.G of car lies on its central line.. or it can be any where.......? if C>G line lies out of central line... how... it can be balanced..