OnePuck - A Portable Heat Engine Charges Your Phone With Hot Coffee Or Cold Beer

[​IMG]
The modern world Androids & Blackberrys and iOS are all battery eaters and a phone that's out of battery is just a $500 paperweight. So, how about carrying your own portable engine that will charge your phone with the help of hot coffee or cold beer? A startup called 'Epiphany Labs' has created a product that exactly does that, and it's called 'OnePuck'. It's a Stirling Engine powered solely by heat disparity - like your cold Coke can or hot coffee mug. OnePuck will make sure that it derives enough energy from the heat flow to charge your mobile phone.

OnePuck has two sides, blue & red. The blue one is meant for keeping lower temperature stuff on it and the red one, is for keeping hotter things. It takes about 30-60 seconds for the device to activate and start producing power, enough to charge your mobile phone. The project is currently on Kickstarter and if you want to back it, you're welcome to make donations starting at $1.

The project aims to get $100,000 and at the time of writing  this post, they're at $59,798. Hit the source link below and change the world!

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Delbert Reed
    If i put the red side toward my body in a pocket will it work from my body heat?
    I doubt it will. The difference in the temperature has to be sufficient enough.
  • JEEVITHA RAM
    JEEVITHA RAM
    Launch it soon...a good project makes u people success
  • mayur agarwal
    mayur agarwal
    amazing

that's nice
    when it will be launched?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) has achieved its next milestone with the recent unveiling of the Param Yuva II supercomputer. This new supercomputer has a peak speed...
Mobile phones have undergone a drastic change in the last 5 years and the current smartphones, though capable of doing amazing tasks, don't quite pack the needed battery life. Charging...
The world of microscopy may not look so small when you start counting the advances it has made recently. Microscopic images of cells are usually used for studying and research,...
Researchers at Harvard have formulated a new three-legged silicone-based soft robot that jumps high in the air (thirty times its own height) owing to the explosion in its legs. The...
The popularity of Raspberry Pi has grown leap and bounds in last few weeks and considering the popularity of this platform, Mojang, has brought a small sized version of their...