OnePlus One Phone Specs & Price Out - Is This The Ultimate Android Smartphone?

The entire tech community has been waiting for this phone's launch and here it is - The OnePlus One phone. The company which believes that as a consumer you should "never settle" for less, has made its mark and launched the OnePlus One Android smartphone with amazing set of features bundled inside one package. What is being called a game-changer, the company has been so far successful in raising high hopes of tech-enthusiasts and gadget-lovers across the world from their flagship smartphone. Proudly called the "2014 Flagship Killer", the OnePlus One features, tech specs and price are all out for you to munch on.

oneplus-one-smartphone

Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, the OnePlus One net features a Krait 400 (4-core) @ 2.46 GHz CPU core and a Adreno 330 @ 578 MHz GPU core. Launched at a starting price of $299, the OnePlus One phone's specs are comparable to the likes of recently launched Sony Xperia Z2, Samsung Galaxy S5 and also the HTC One M8. For the user's storage needs, there's a 3 GB RAM LPDDR3 RAM, and two internal storage options - 16 GB and 64 GB (with no support for microSD Card).

Coming to the display - The 5.5 inch screen features JDI LTPS IPS LCD at 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution (401 ppi - pixel density) and it is made scratch-proof with Gorilla Glass 3. The IPS screen delivers a 178 degree vision and instantaneously responds to even the slightest touch with TOL (Touch On Lens) technology, which removes the distance between the touch sensor and the display panel. It also makes the screen 300% more shatterproof than OGS technology.

The 13 megapixel camera on the OnePlus One excels thanks to quality optics, sensors and algorithms. It sports Sony Exmor IMX 214 sensor with 4K video recording support with stereo recording Slow Motion: 720p video at 120fps and Dual-LED flash. On the front - there's a fine 5 megapixel camera too.

The 3,100 mAh battery is said to be specially designed for the designed for the OnePlus One phone. With that, at 162g the phone is pretty lightweight and has the dimensions - 152.9 x 75.9 x 8.9 mm. On the network and connectivity front, the phone scores well with - USB 3.0 port, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1 and NFC. Positioning is facilitated by Internal GPS antenna + GLONASS Digital Compass.

For audio, there are built-in stereo speakers and tri-microphone with noise cancellation. On the smartphone's body, you shall find - sMicro USB 2.0 slot, a 3.5mm audio jack, a power button, volume rockers, capacitive / on-screen buttons and one Micro SIM card slot.

Oneplus-One-09_1200

We believe the OnePlus One phone adorns superior ergonomics. The carefully crafted OnePlus One features subtle curves, clean lines and a slim profile. You can see from the picture that the phone sports a chrome outer rim and a slightly raised display. With the launch, the OnePlus One phone will be at first only available online in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, United Kingdom, and the United States.

The OnePlus team had a great time comparing their flagship phone with the biggest Android smartphones in 2014. One such comparison chart that appeared on their Google+ page is enough to tell you that OnePlus One is value for money. Check OnePlus One Vs. Sony Xperia Z2 here -
sony-googleplus

And if like us, you can't have enough of this smartphone by just the photographs, here's the presentation video that the company showcased at the launch event. Drool on!

Do not forget to leave your precious comments. We are eager to read them.

Official Website: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The big question is - when is OnePlus phone coming to India? 😀
  • Yogesh Borkar
    Yogesh Borkar
    Looking forward to launching of One Plus Phone in India and buy one,
    & How much One Plus One phone will be able to minus market share of leading mobile phone companies?
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    At 18k its just awesome. May god be with us so that it would be launched in India
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    At 18k its just awesome. May god be with us so that it would be launched in India
    I'm in touch with their team. I hope to have some information soon.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Those who have already bought their precious Android smartphone for more than Rs. 30K can now begin with the remorse till this phone arrives in your country.

for the others, this is the right time to say -

take-my-money
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    This phone is comparable to many newly launched smartphone in features and available in less than half of their price,surely a threat to all leading smartphone companies..
  • smorgasbord
    smorgasbord
    tantalising.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    just stumbled
    EDIT:#-Link-Snipped-#
    strange!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - What exactly is the 50MP trick? Couldn't find details. I doubt I'd smash my phone if they pick me up randomly 😉
  • smorgasbord
    smorgasbord
    #-Link-Snipped-# i just stumbled and shared. That is all that i know. 😀
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    The futuristic specs and hardware make it one of the most desirable smartphones in the market right now but I won't be willing to spend my money on this device unless I see some reviews online. When it comes to the availability in India, it shall take at least a year for the device to make it to India. Plus there is the niggles to sales, distribution and after sales service to take care of. Yes, the sales and distribution problem can be solved by a deal with any online retailer but after sales service is not an easy issue.
    Finally, OnePlus have no brand value as of now, and people will fall back to well known brand when it comes to smartphones.
  • lal
    lal
    All modern smartphones are very ergonomic. But, having one in the pocket takes away our ergonomics 😁 Awkwardly huge!

Great specs at display here. And yet another proof that we pay for the brand name in all other cases! I wished to see a better OS though. Sailfish or Nemo would have been awesome choices, or there is Ubuntu!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans. Its a good news especially for students that IT Giant of the world Major Microsoft has partnered with likes of HP and Pearson to launch a new tablet...
WordPress arguably is one of the best content management systems available, used by millions of blogs, websites and e-commerce portals. The CMS has attracted several developers; from the beginners to...
BSNL Selfcare Login: https://selfcare.wdc.bsnl.co.in/irj/portal seems to be flawd. I've been trying to get through the login window for the past 20 minutes but all my efforts have been fruitless. For...
Lytro, the company that amazed us all by its first one-of-its-kind boxy camera released in 2012. And now it is back in action by launching its new light-field camera called...
It all started with USB (3.0) guys upgrading the speeds to 5 Gbps and the Thunderbolt folks introducing the game-changer at 10 Gb/s. The latest Thunderbolt 2 offers 20 Gb/s...