OnePlus One Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Available Via Alpha ROM

OnePlus One, from its advent has been asking its users to ‘never settle’ and it seems that they are sticking by the philosophy. After the well documented and most talked about Cyanogen-OnePlus controversy in India, OnePlus promised its customers that it will provide a substitute ROM based on Android 5.0 Lollipop in December and a stable build by February 2015. OnePlus has kept its word and officially announced on 31st December that an alpha build is available now for download. As a matter of fact, OnePlus had indicated in its official blog on 17th December that they are starting a #-Link-Snipped-# and asked their fans to suggest a name for the upcoming ROM update.

Since the release is alpha, it is obvious that it will be quite unstable and may have some major bugs and OnePlus isn’t shying away from saying so. According to the blog, the update is just their first step on their destination to custom ROM in Android community. The build is so early that it has no extra feature beyond the stock interface very much similar to Android Open Source Project (AOSP) Lollipop like Google Nexus Devices.

one plus-android

OnePlus has asked their users to backup their data before updating the phone. They have specifically mentioned that any issues because of the custom ROM won’t be covered by warranty. Some evident issues are highlighted on the blog itself. The camera, video and Wi-Fi might be unstable. Data roaming is on by default and the users must switch it off to avoid unnecessary charges. The clock might crash periodically, the first boot-up post update may be lengthy and the camera quality might be low as the work on camera is still going on.

The good thing is that OnePlus is well aware of all the issues and the way they have been keeping their promises, it is very much possible that after the update achieves stability, it will be the best thing that ever happened for OnePlus users. OnePlus has assured that it’s just their base and the only way they will go from here on now is up.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Aditya Deshmukh
    Aditya Deshmukh
    Please keep it near stock android just like motorola which will ultimately help them to give faster OTA updates
  • Jason Estibeiro
    Jason Estibeiro
    mountain90
    I'm using OnePlus One. And let me ask if anyone has upgraded to version 5.0 yet?

There is no error ??
    This version is still in the testing phase. Highly unlikely to be stable at the moment.
  • Bhargav P A
    Bhargav P A
    Great news for Indian Users especially........Waiting for a stable version...
  • Aditya Deshmukh
    Aditya Deshmukh
    mountain90
    Haizz. So sad, continue to wait it! 😔
    Thank you!!
    You can flash different ROM on your phone . There are various Lollipop ROMs available on XDA

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Indian mobile manufacturer, Xolo has announced its first smartphone of the year- Q700 Club. The smartphone is listed on the company’s official website and is priced at INR 6,999....
Elon Musk's got lots of crazy ideas and has millions of dollars for bringing them to reality. What's more awesome is that he's been able to build a solid team...
Hello guys.. i want to implement the message function in web application in my project that means the message should be send to mobiles given in database whenever something is...
Hello Everyone I have recently created an account on this site. Name: Ayush Aggarwal *Engineering Trade: Computer Science Engineering Location: Delhi *Occupation: Student Work Experience: (if applicable): 2 months internship...
The Indian mobile manufacturer, iBall has unveiled its first Windows 8.1 based smartphone- Andi 4L Pulse. The smartphone is listed on the company’s official website but the price and availability...