OnePlus 2 Gets VoLTE But OnePlus One and OnePlus X Won’t

The recent mad rush for Reliance Jio’s 4G service has had caused a bit of a row in the OnePlus forums. The team has been inundated with requests about VoLTE (Voice over LTE) support on their older smartphones. If you remember except the recent flagship killer OnePlus 3, the rest of the OnePlus line up is devoid of VoLTE support. OnePlus has informed that that second generation OnePlus 2 will soon be getting VoLTE though an update. The over the air (OTA) is scheduled for the next quarter of this year which means it will be out just as soon as the Jio Welcome offer runs out.

OnePlus 2

If you own an older OnePlus smartphone such as an OnePlus One or the cheaper OnePlus X then you are not in luck. The team confirms that those phones will not be getting VoLTE support for HD calls. If you are in India and thinking of using Jio’s voice services then you will have to use the JioCall - Apps on Google Play (formerly known as JioJoin app) to experience VoLTE calls on your smartphone. As most Jio subscribers know that if your smartphone supports 4G and not VoLTE then you use the Jio4GVoice app to make calls over the network. This leaves the customer with the burden of keeping the data on just to receive the calls. The problem is solved out of the box if you own the new OnePlus 3 smartphone.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Swift Playgrounds, an application, recently launched by the Apple Inc., provides simple means to conquer the world of programming with your iPad. It introduces a platform whereby solving a set...
help me out with calculating shear force and bending moment of a cantilever beam at different loading conditions
The newest smartphone Cube 3 from the diversified Indian company Videocon is here to extend your would-be choice list if you are keen to select any mid-range product. Getting straight...
My own views are quite different. Still, maybe valid for the case in point. Design News - Blog - 7 Things Every Engineering Student Needs to Know
I have worked in an IT company on as/400 development for 1.5 yrs , then i took a gap of 2 years to crack GATE i could not make into...