One to one live chat application in php

hi all,
i want to create a gmail/facebook like chat application in php, can any one help me to do that, while searching in google ,i diidnt get anything

Replies

• greatcoder
    greatcoder
    #-Link-Snipped-#,
    The chat can be easily implemented using a protocol which is most widely used by almost all chatting applications: Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP).
    XMPP is a protocol which is specially designd for chatting applications. It is based on XML and also it inherently supports all chatting features such as showing status messages, showing user status: idle, bust, available etc. Before implementation u need to understand the messages flowing at the application level of this protocol.

1) U need to develop a server application which can understand XMPP protocol messages.

2) Once server is developed u need to do the programming for clients who will be registered on the server and also client program should unserstand all the XMPP protocol messages.

Regards
    GC 👍
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    maninellai
    hi all,
    i want to create a gmail/facebook like chat application in php, can any one help me to do that, while searching in google ,i diidnt get anything
    Hello and welcome to CE.

Good to know about your project.
    What kind of help do you actually want? CE members can help you with your ideas.

We can help you better if you tell us the details. 👍
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Did you check this out: #-Link-Snipped-#
    [​IMG]
  • way2ravi
    way2ravi
    yup good but,it's not what i need, one to one chating as we use in facebook and gmail account .Can you please send me any link of any of such example that i can implement and use directly in my application

thankx
    way2ravi
    yup good but,it's not what i need, one to one chating as we use in facebook and gmail account .Can you please send me any link of any of such example that i can implement and use directly in my application

thankx
    Why don't you do a simple google search?
  • rk rao
    rk rao
    way2ravi

thankx

if it is in php, you need frameworks. i don't know which frameworks php uses.

also, are you trying to design light weight server or RPC server?
    rk rao
    if it is in php, you need frameworks. i don't know which frameworks php uses.

also, are you trying to design light weight server or RPC server?
    What are you talking about frameworks? Why do you need a PHP Framework? I have created a lot of applications, which never use any frameworks.
  • rk rao
    rk rao
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Varunjoshi22
    Varunjoshi22
    Hi i want to integrate chat functionality using xmpp(openfire) in php.
  • iamguley
    iamguley
    hi.i need peer to peer chat function..when a new message arrive it should be display in chatbox...can u help me out
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    iamguley
    hi.i need peer to peer chat function..when a new message arrive it should be display in chatbox...can u help me out
    Do you want a ready-made application or need help with the code?
  • vanita saini
    vanita saini
    Hello,
    anyone can provide me code of openfire one to one chat with rest api.
    vanita saini
    Hello,
    anyone can provide me code of openfire one to one chat with rest api.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Try searching for Ratchet; it's a php library that lets you build real-time chat software. You can go through the example they've provided for chat.
  • vanita saini
    vanita saini
    Praveen-Kumar
    I want to ready mate php code, so that i can implement on my website. if you have please provide me
  • oliver russell
    oliver russell
    maninellai
    hi all,
    You can use PHP, AJAX and Pusher for creating a real time chat application, just like FB or gmail. Here is a tutorial for that: Create a realtime chat application using Pusher
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Thanks. The only problem with Pusher is that it's free only up to 100 simultaneous connections. My specific app would need at least 300 simultaneous connections. Maybe I should start exploring possible uses of Redis server.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm going to have a 3 days' holiday for Tomb-Sweeping Day here. I'm happy to have rest for a few days although I won't offer a sacrifice to my ancestors....
hey good evening,...can you suggest me a good site or tutoriel for learning php. i got confusion with google 😀 pls help me....
Hey guys you can check the result of afcat that was held on 26 feb 2012 on the following link https://careerairforce.nic.in/written_results/AFCATRESULTS26FEB12 .pdf All the best 😀
I am unable to post comments, anyone facing same situation ? and also why no search system in blog ? The_Big_K
I am interested in knowing about National and International level competitions for Mechanical and Designing. Let us make a list of such contests.