Offset Crank..

What are the advantages of using "Offsetted Crank" technology in recent IC engines.. May i know which cars have implemented this concept??

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    what is an offsetted crank in the first place.
  • mechky
    mechky
    1. Friction loss of piston skirt is significantly reduced and ultimately fuel economy is increased.
    2. Longer power stroke. Longer intake stroke than exhaust stroke which improves aspiration of engine.
    3. Increased inertia forces due to increase in piston velocity.

This is still being researched. I am not aware of and I don't think that any cars would have implemented it.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    a crank is something offset in itself. now how much offset do you guys intend it to be ? the advantages which mechky has stated are achieved also with the traditional crankshaft, isnt it ?
  • mechky
    mechky
    zaveri
    a crank is something offset in itself. now how much offset do you guys intend it to be ? the advantages which mechky has stated are achieved also with the traditional crankshaft, isnt it ?
    [​IMG]
    This is what offset crankshaft means.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    thanx mechky

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi recently brought an old compressor is currently wired to three phase but can apparently be used on 230 single phase (it actually says this on the compressor) the wires...
Has anyone done a matlab project on airline reservation system?
Could anyone please explain the difference between CORE 2 DUO and DUAL CORE? thanks
It is a path breaking startup venture seeking a social dividend by introduction of low cost affordable appropriate technology in rural agriculture and transportation sectors. Committed to innovation and social...
There is a person who conducts survey. He visits a house. A lady opens the door. The person asks about the family details. The lady says she has three children....