Oddest Job Interview Questions Asked at Tech Companies in 2011

“How many people are using Facebook in San Francisco at 2:30 p.m. on a Friday?” — Asked at Google, Vendor Relations Manager candidate

“If Germans were the tallest people in the world, how would you prove it?” — Asked at Hewlett-Packard, Product Marketing Manager candidate

“Given 20 ‘destructible’ light bulbs (which break at a certain height), and a building with 100 floors, how do you determine the height that the light bulbs break?” — Asked at Qualcomm, Engineering candidate

“How would you cure world hunger?” — Asked at Amazon.com, Software Developer candidate

“You’re in a row boat, which is in a large tank filled with water. You have an anchor on board, which you throw overboard (the chain is long enough so the anchor rests completely on the bottom of the tank). Does the water level in the tank rise or fall?” — Asked at Tesla Motors, Mechanical Engineer candidate

“Please spell ‘diverticulitis’.” — Asked at EMSI Engineering, Account Manager candidate
“You have a bouquet of flowers. All but two are roses, all but two are daisies, and all but two are tulips. How many flowers do you have?” — Asked at Epic Systems, Corporation Project Manager/Implementation Consultant candidate

“How do you feel about those jokers at Congress?” — Asked at Consolidated Electrical, Management Trainee candidate

“If you were a Microsoft Office program, which one would you be?” — Asked at Summit Racing Equipment, Ecommerce candidate
Source:#-Link-Snipped-#

Dedicating this thread to share the oddest questions you have ever got!

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Interesting questions.

The only easy one -
    “You have a bouquet of flowers. All but two are roses, all but two are daisies, and all but two are tulips. How many flowers do you have?” — Asked at Epic Systems, Corporation Project Manager/Implementation Consultant candidate
    Answer: 3!
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Google is really interested in Statistics... No surprise, but yeah, good questions! 😀
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Thank god there were no such questions asked by company. 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEians, I am Abhishek Swain, a Computer Science Engineering student. I like to capture magical tech related information into my dictionary and become a technocrat. I hope that I...
The Salty Coffee​ ​​ ​He met her at a party. She was so outstanding, many guys chasing after her, while he was so normal, nobody paid attention to him. At...
Now it has become a simple way to connect your windows PC to iPad or iPhone by AdHoc wireless Network. Steps to setup AdHoc wireless Network: For Windows 7:​ Open...
hiii......we are planning for an event in the month of February, 2012......the theme of the event is energy conservation.....so i need a good event name....related to energy conservation......
godfathermain thing is to find a sensor remaining things are easy in project. I'm trying to find such sensor. You too please keep searching for efficient sensor.thanks for your help...