Oculus Touch Controllers Launching With Over 30 Games This Year

Virtual Reality Headset maker, Oculus LLC, announced in its #-Link-Snipped-# that the Oculus Touch will be launched with about 20 completely new titles to celebrate the introduction of the new product, which will let users feel the presence of their real hands in the VR content generated by the Oculus Rift.

oculus-touch-games-4

Oculus Touch are a pair of controllers which replicate the motion and movement of hands, wrists, and fingers. The team has designed a very familiar and comfortable controller, very similar to one used for Xbox or PS. However, Touch hasn't yet been authorized by Federal Communications Commission. Per se, there is no guarantee that Touch will definitely be launched, and might be scrapped like the Google Glass.

Nonetheless, Oculus team has decided to optimistically continue with the ambitious project. Facebook Now Supports 360-Degree Photo Sharing - Here's How You Use The New Feature, as well as Oculus' blogs introduced four games developed especially for Touch on Oculus. The games, namely
  • Wilson's Heart, from Twisted Pixel
  • Ripcoil , from Sanzaru Games
  • Killing Floor: Incursion, from Tripwire Interactive &
  • Superhot VR
would be launched next year. The partners have released their game trailers over YouTube, which are trending among gamers all around the globe. In all, more than 30 games are to be launched alongside the Oculus Touch.

oculus-touch-games-3
Wilson's Heart is a psychological thriller, which is said to have a "one of its kind" narration. The story of the game is impressive -- you play Robert Wilson whose heart has been replaced by some sort of device. Meanwhile, Ripcoil focuses on throwing and receiving a speedy disc in an immersive arena. For the shooters, Killing Floor lets you play against monsters with all sorts of weapons ranging from blades to guns. Superhot VR is another wonderful game which allows the player to control the time. All the games thus offer totally different genres, attempting to win over all gamers.

oculus-touch-games-2
The Oculus Ready PCs

Oculus also introduced 'Oculus Ready PCs' in partnership with companies like HP, Alienware, Lenovo, Asus, and more. These PCs come with all the tools you'll ever need to harness the power of Rift. More such PCs are on its way to completion.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Home spawned electronics venture Hyve has unveiled two of its first smartphones Buzz and Storm for Indian markets. Both the devices are 4G-enabled and come with the price tags of...
I am confused whether I should do Mba of Masters. Cost of education is one issue and so is that i am actually not clear of what I want to...
Is it possible to do such type of project or suggest any other topics
I completed my BE in entc in June 16 unfortunately I have not placed in any company through campus.. plz guide what should I do next result is still waiting..abt...
If you own a smartphone especially an Android one, chances are it has a notification LED on the front. The notification LED which is often programmable lets you know that...