Octo-core dev board available for $149

Hardkernel has introduced an octa-core board which is one of a kind in the market with four high and low power cores. The chip consists of Cortex A-15 cores which are configured at 1.6 Ghz much similar to many of the recent smartphones in the market.

The company termed this single board computer as ODROID-XU and it is also stuffed with 4 USB 2.0 ports and a USB 3.0 port and micro SD. The chip is available in at a price tag of $149 which is much cheaper when compared to the high priced smartphones. So, if you want to get a feel of the Octo-core technology, this is definitely a thing worth trying.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Qualcomm's Anand Chandrasekher has just called the eight-core processor 'dumb'. He was talking in response to MediaTek's upcoming model. He said, "You can't take eight lawnmower engines, put them together and claim you've eight-cylinder Ferrari". 😁

Wondering what's going on here. Chandrashekhar seems to be making some sense.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I don't understand why Qualcomm's dude is saying so. Maybe because of rivalry with Samsung ?
    Samsung Exynos 5 Octa-core uses same technology. 4-cores are clocked at higher frequencies & other 4 at lower frequency. When Device is performing high resource task it will switch to higher clocked cores & when it is idle then it will switch to low clocked frequency.
    Maybe this can be used to save battery.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Man The term just blew my mind 5 GHz processing speed Is just like a dream come true for any sports enthu or a design freak in the market MSI...
Here is a lifesaver app by Google for those who forget where they kept their phone (I am on of them 😉 ) or the ones who lose their phone....
Engineers have rolled up their sleeves to create artificial earthquakes - with an aim to develop techniques to build sturdier and safer buildings & structures. A team of structural and...
Here's a fun question for all of you. If you were to make a 'one way' trip to Mars and the space agency says that you can carry only 3...
If you look closely at the products produced today, how would you decide whether to buy it or not. Would you just look at the functionality or also on the...