Obama visit to India will solve outsourcing issue?

Most probably Obama(US president) will visit INDIA on 6th of November. And it is expected that Nasscom will raise the outsourcing issues and will discuss on it as anti-outsourcing measures are adopted by the US president Mr.Barack Obama and also ohio's ban outsourcing of IT projects.

What do you think will this meet solve the issue of outsourcing and also what are the expected issues to be discussed?

Replies

• optimystix
    optimystix
    outsourcing is not an issue to be solved overnight. After all Obama too is a politician and he will step aside all these things in a diplomatic manner. This visit, to me, is more of a show off thing rather than a pressing issue for any side. Dr Singh visited US many times in past few years and had invited Mr Obama to India. So his visit was just pending and he is fulfilling a kind of formality.

Outsourcing cant stop. If I am a businessman, its upto me where I must spend/invest my money and resources. The government may put curbs against my wishes but there will always be a work around. Instead of worrying about outsourcing bans, we must improve ourselves in terms of skills competencies and cost effectiveness against the growing no of new opponents such as Russia and some other South American nations.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    Seems that unemployment in US is increasing and it goes to double digit and around 15 millions American were remained jobless in October.
    India is expected to be one of the developed country in coming 10 years..
    Is this is only issue that America is having approx 20 deals worth $10 billion being signed and it gives Mr Obama to have more than 50,000 jobs in U.S.
    And India become the second fastest growing investor in U.S after UAE.

what do you think will this deal surely bring job opportunity for U.S in coming year and will increasing growth rate of India bring big deal for Americans in coming years ?
  • gohm
    gohm
    I'd agree basically with this. Without totaltarian control, capital venture will go where it is most economically viable to do so. If you stop outsourcing in one location it will just relocate elsewhere. If you force all production within your own nation (in this case the US) the costs for goods & services will rise dramatically which would need a change in consumerism habits as the populus would need to deal with less. Anti-economic globalism makes for good PR and getting folks elected but does not make good sense in reality in my opinion.

optimystix
    outsourcing is not an issue to be solved overnight. After all Obama too is a politician and he will step aside all these things in a diplomatic manner. This visit, to me, is more of a show off thing rather than a pressing issue for any side. Dr Singh visited US many times in past few years and had invited Mr Obama to India. So his visit was just pending and he is fulfilling a kind of formality.

Outsourcing cant stop. If I am a businessman, its upto me where I must spend/invest my money and resources. The government may put curbs against my wishes but there will always be a work around. Instead of worrying about outsourcing bans, we must improve ourselves in terms of skills competencies and cost effectiveness against the growing no of new opponents such as Russia and some other South American nations.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My dear friends Happy Diwali to all! Some of you may have noted my absence. This is due to the fact that I have been traveling overseas for a few...
Even after official confirmation from TRAI minister A Raja, the MNP has not seen a ray of hope in India. In a recent meeting between the GSM operators and the...
Topic: Tool design(Mechanical Engineering) Manufactuing Processes: Introduction: Manufacturing involves turning raw material to finished products, to be used for various purposes. There are a large number of processes available. These...
Sand Casting Processes For Case(A): Bottom board is placed either boundary moulding from or on the floor making the surface even. The drag moulding flask is kept upside down on...
Hello Folks. I am Sachin, pursuing Mechanical Engineering, 3rd year. Stumbled upon this forum while searching for project ideas.I am really amazed at the wealth of info available here,hence decided...