Nvidia Tegra Note Released. Specifications At Glance.

Samsung recently had launched its Galaxy Note 3 and now to set things right, Nvidia is here with the Tegra Note. It is a 7 inch pen-enabled Android tablet which features a passive stylus for writing and drawing on the tablet. The goal of the tablet is to make it feel more like paper and not to stress on the technology behind it. This was made possible thanks to the Direct Stylus Technology used in the passive stylus, offering the same functionality and responsiveness same as an active stylus and transferring the stylus processing to the Tegra 4's fifth power saving core.

Untitled-1

The Tegra Note packs some really good hardware and the specifications are as follows
  • Quad-core Tegra 4 Processor
  • 7 inch display 1280x800 IPS LCD display
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 16GB onboard storage and 32GB microSD card slot
  • 5 MegaPixel Rear Camera and VGA Front Camera
Along with the above features, Tegra Note would include front facing HD audio speakers with a bass-flex port. This port has been developed using Nvidia's PureAudio technology. The camera is said to have amazing real-time HDR and object tracking capabilities. The battery life is expected to be around 10 hours of HD video playback.

The Tegra Note would be available in October at $199 being a reference design to its hardware partners. Are tablets only going hardware strong? Has the technology among tablets become mainstream already?

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I read an article of Stylus in Nvidia blog few months ago, Impressive technology it is. It can differentiate Pen's tip, back & even finger.

Quad-core Processors with 5 cores seems to be like new technology used by every ARM Processor developers like Qualcomm,Samsung & Nvidia.
    Four cores for performance & one core dedicated for Power saving.
    I have tried to gather information on how fifth core helps in saving the power, unfortunately didn't find a single article which can help me understand it accurately.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    The Tegra Note is not a off-the-shelf tablet but a tablet platform that includes not just the chipset and hardware by NVIDIA but also its in-house technologies as well. Even though it has been designed by NVIDIA its OEM partners across the world will be in-charge distributing the product after modifying the hardware and software depending on their respective markets. For an India launch, they have tied up with XOLO who are planning to launch the device soon.
    For more on this development, head over to the #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Interesting article which really triggers me to analyse its specs.It looks cool witu passive stylus option and 5cores are the things that attracts me.Could be a better tab for art lovers becauae of the stylus option.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends I have a big doubt Will any one clarify the exact definition of shared memory architecture.
Sony has now officially launched the Sony Smartwatch 2, the successor to the not-so-popular Sony Smartwatch. An extension of your smartphone, the SmartWatch 2 will show you the notifications that...
We've been receiving several queries about when will the next 'essay contest' be organized. This is surprising. We never thought there'd be so much interest in the essay competition. Do...
Micromax Mobile, the Indian consumer electronics manufacturer, is here to sizzle the tablet market with a new product called the Micromax Canvas Tablet P650. The smartphone maker has unveiled this...
BlackBerry Ltd. has unveiled a large screen smartphone at an event in Malaysia on Wednesday. Called the Blackberry Z30, the smartphone features a 5-inch Super AMOLED touch screen (same as...