nVIDIA Shield - Personal Gaming Device. Is nVIDIA Smartphone Coming?

Today, nVIDIA made a big bang announcement - their own personal gaming device, called 'Project Shield'. The company, until now supplied the graphics processors to power the modern generation of games; but now has decided to take the complete control over the gaming and has chosen to go the 'handheld way'.

Having complete control over the hardware is definitely a good move for the company, but I now see a serious competition in the gaming arena. If nVIDIA tastes success with the handheld gaming, I'd not be surprised to see the company announcing their own phone - with a high end graphics processor.

What do you say?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Adding more,
    Project Shield has Tegra 4 chip which contains 72xGPU cores, 4xA15 CPU & an integrated 4G LTE Modem.Tegra 4 is faster than Exynos & A6X.Shield also connects to Valve's steam !
    SHIELD has ability to stream PC games from Geforce-GTX equipped PC.
    +​
    Nvidia Grid : Cloud gaming move by Nvidia,Server which is capable of supporting up to 24 racks with 20 grid servers per rack.It allows PC game to run & rendered in cloud & then stream it to any device like Smart-TV,Tablet or Smartphones.The power GRID equals to the performance of 720 Xbox 360 consoles.

SHIELD SHIELD2
    Image source : Hothardwares.

Damn it! I wanna work with these guys in future - My only dream job 😍
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Your best bet would be nVIDIA US. I doubt you'll get to work on the hardware part in India.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    The_Big_K
    Your best bet would be nVIDIA US. I doubt you'll get to work on the hardware part in India.
    Don't make me sad 😔 😭
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    -Bump-

You can Pre-order SHIELD now.
    Any CEan is looking forward to buying it ?
    Read more : #-Link-Snipped-#

Will you prefer to buy OUYA,Game-stick,Steam-box or Nvidia SHIELD ?
    What's your take on OUYA versus SHIELD ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    -Bump-

You can Pre-order SHIELD now.
    Any CEan is buying this ?
    Read more : #-Link-Snipped-#

Will you prefer to buy OUYA,Game-stick,Steam-box or Nvidia SHIELD ?
    What's your take on OUYA versus SHIELD ?
    I'm certainly not. I've checked the device and Android base would kill it for me. I'd rather save some money for PS4 which comes to my dreams every night.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm certainly not. I've checked the device and Android base would kill it for me. I'd rather save some money for PS4 which comes to my dreams every night.
    Access to Valve's Steam + Ability to play PC Games + Cloud Gaming + Ability to stream games in any type of HD monitor in $350 is enough to kill any Console.Don't you think ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    Access to Valve's Steam + Ability to play PC Games + Cloud Gaming + Ability to stream games in any type of HD monitor in $350 is enough to kill any Console.Don't you think ?
    Have you played PS / XBOX hardcore games? I doubt the handheld device will be able to match what PS/XBOX offer.

I think #-Link-Snipped-# is into gaming. What say you, Smriti?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    First thing first, nVidia SHIELD is not mere "handheld" device.
    It's major objective is to make "Hardcore gaming" portable using nVidia GRID,so gamers can enjoy gaming while on move.

The concept of SHIELD is much deeper than what most people assumes it to be.
  • Smriti Jha
    Smriti Jha
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Have you played PS / XBOX hardcore games? I doubt the handheld device will be able to match what PS/XBOX offer.

I think #-Link-Snipped-# is into gaming. What say you, Smriti?

I think I appreciate that controls and display are at an angle but I've never been a fan of handheld gaming.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Update :
    nVidia SHIELD has been launched. Finally, a rival to OUYA unleashed.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, Today i was asked to make a B B S for R C C structure but is was suppose to be as per i s code. can someone help...
sir ,i have been alloted a seat for PG-DITISS course in C DAC-NOIDA center.so i want to know about the placement after completing this course and is it good to...
My project name is" RANKING SPATIAL DATA BY QUALITY PREFERENCE". can anybody tell me the useful material and a brief introduction about my project topic?
Several CDAC applicants have been enquire about the CDAC Bangalore Placements. Those who are familiar with the matter can post their own review and feedback about how's the whole placements...
like Rankin ,Brayton cycle and refrigeration cycle,air standard cycle r not thermodynamic cycle why?