Nuzzel App Organizes The News From Your Friends On Facebook & Twitter

Nuzzel app isn't based on some out-of-the-box concept. Launched this tuesday, it can be used to view the news feeds from your Facebook and Twitter timelines in an organized manner. The cool thing about this social news collector app is that it has received really good reviews from the tech industry's big shots. Right from Google's Matt Cutts to Marc Andreessen and Tim O'Reilly - a lot of tech-aware people seem to be using the Nuzzel app and loving it. Developed by Jonathan Abrams, Friendster founder and a software engineer at Netscape and Nortel along with Kent Lindstrom, the Nuzzel Social News reader app is the new smart news aggregator in town.

Most of the young netizens rely on the social networking sites for their daily news feed. By subscribing to relevant Facebook pages and Twitter Handles, the young and old alike are keeping track of the what's hot and what's not. What started with RSS Feed readers, quickly got replaced by services such as Google News Reader and Reddit. With the Nuzzel app, keeping tract of both your Facebook and Twitter news has become easy and comfortable. The app actively and smartly filters the news on your timeline for you, so that you get to see the news stories that you may want to read as well as the ones that your friends may've found interesting.

Nuzzel-Social-News-App
It is important to note here that, unlike other news aggregating apps, Nuzzel doesn’t use machine learning algorithms to predict what kind of stories or topics might appeal to your tastes. The news isn't curated at all. It just collects the news and presents it in a certain, organized manner. News items can be sorted via popularity within your networks or by the date. Users can also view stories being discussed by friends of friends, thus there's a way to bring up the stories beyond your immediate radar. Care is taken to remove unnecessary repetition of content.

The popular reviews apart, we would like to know your opinions on the new social news reader app in town. Share with us in comments.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    Whoa! Just found another reason to not deactivate my FB account! This is actually amazing, not what they have achieved, but the way they have done it. I connected my FB and twitter account and it looks awesome. Reading the stories in news format does feels better. Though I guess the biggest reason for their success would be that people are bored with all the same thing on internet! But still, at least they have something new in their approach.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# That's great. I think the Twitter feed is really difficult to keep track of. Chances of missing a good topic/great share are a lot! I feel like they've converted our Facebook feed into a blog-like look. The facility to comment and like then and there is handy too!
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Yeah, I mean there is lot of room for improvement. Right now, I guess, their algo sorts stories out based on the combination of popularity and time. But there are different reasons for people to check out FB and twitter. May be, they will take this into account, so that no one misses anything.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Anybody else here giving the app a try? ☕
  • sr patil
    sr patil
    it's awosome!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lenovo India has today launched its new compact desktop with ThinkCentre M73 Tiny to suit the varying demands of consumers with regards to the size and features. Priced at Rs....
What is necessity to design a multilingual chatting application in which the clients from multiple places can chat together in a language of their on choice. For example we may...
After its mega launch at the CES 2014 this year, a lot of enthusiasts were waiting for the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra to launch in India. And lo! Here it...
Hi everyone, I am Pradeep Somu.😀 I am a 2nd year Mechanical Engineering student. I love Science and Learning new stuff... I consider myself an idealist and am a huge...
A new German project officially titled 'Bionic Handling Assistants' is a great tribute to Spidey pop-culture, what with them resembling Doctor Octavious' ferocious mechanical arms. The firm claims that the...