Now Mount Everest gets 3G!

Now we can communicate even from the top of the world!
A Nepali telecommunication company will be providing third generation (3G) mobile network at the summit of Mount Everest.
The Ncell company has set up a 3G phone base station at Gorakhshep in the Everest region at a height of 5200 metres.

It’s the world’s highest 3G mobile phone base station. TeliaSonera also has the record for setting up the world’s lowest 3G base station at a height of 1400 metres below sea level in a European mine.
The Everest station will have coverage till the summit at 8848 metres and allow thousands of climbers access to high speed internet and video calls using their mobile phones.

Replies

• whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    That's really a cool news!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Awesome. Now the mountaineers will be able to tweet, update their status on Facebook and Chat in the CE Conference from the peak of Mount Everest 😉
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Wow
    you rock akd
    i really enjoyed reading your posts
    thanks for keeping us updated

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey all , i need ur help to regarding public sector exams and notification.which type of study it requre is there any better job for us like public sector?
Vishwakarma Institute of Technology (VIT) from City of Pune has entered into an academic collaboration with the Pennsylvania state university's college of information sciences and technology (IST), US, to facilitate...
The rumours are out that Google and Samsung Electronics will announce the Nexus Two phone on November 8, 2010 at a press conference in New York. The phone will be...
Facebook introduces new kind of pages called "Friendship Pages". These pages will collect the public wall posts, comments, photos (based on tags) and events that two friends have in common.The...
I was surfing for the information about the 'class' in MicroSD cards. From what I've understood, the Class-X means the microSD card is capable of transfering data at the speed...