Notes On Linux

hey friends, can anyone help me find some notes on Linux, i haven't used it before so i want to learn all from scratch ...😎

Replies

• Ankur Jaiswar
    Ankur Jaiswar
    Re: Linux

What do you want to know about it? The basics?
  • Insatiable
    Insatiable

yes i'll begin with basics first help me out if you can
  • Leo
    Leo

Have you installed Linux on your system. If not then please install Ubuntu we'll surely help you
  • Insatiable
    Insatiable

yeah Ace but thats the biggest gotcha i have i downloaded Ubuntu v10 but is doesn't have .iso image and my dvd-driver isn't working how can i install Ubuntu, if you have links for ubuntu v10 containing .iso image please give me those links.
  • Sachin Jain
    Sachin Jain
    Make a bootable pendrive and then install ubuntu.

Please see this link to make bootable pendrive

#-Link-Snipped-#

You just need to use your ubuntu iimage and a virtual drive mounting software like magicdisk or daemontool.

Its very easy...😛
  • Insatiable
    Insatiable
    thanks blunderboy
  • Reya
    Reya
    Hi, Here you can find a list of few basic Linux
    related articles are written for newbies.

tldp.org is also a good place to start

Categorized list of HOWTOs:

Categorized List of HOWTOs
  • Reya
    Reya
    @Insatiable:On the one day seminar of linux in my college a link to the power point presentation was given to us.Here is the link.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Hope this will be useful for you!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Graffiti turns 10 this year! And on this occasion, we’re trying to bring out the best of it with a novel concept—“BizShastra”- Reincarnating Business. With this theme, we plan to...
Technical Paper Presentation for Department: ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING Digital Signal/ Image Processing VLSI Systems and Applications Mobile and Wireless Technology Nanotechnology and MEMS Microwave Devices and Radiating Systems Mobile...
Srujan - Software & Hardware Project Competition (Srujan/Pragya: Entries open for all M. Tech, Engineering and Diploma branches, B.Sc., BCA, BCCA,BBA and MCA) It is a National Level Project Exhibition...
CIVIL ENGINEERING New Construction Methods and Innovative Techniques Rehabilitation & Retrofitting of Structure Role of RMC in Infrastructure Development Fiber Reinforcement Environmental Management Rainwater Harvesting Techniques of Roads & Airport...
Following is the general format for technical paper presentation followed by major engineering colleges and technical institutions: Use the word “Abstract” as the title, in 12-point Times, boldface type, centered...