Not short circuited when immerse in to the water

The metal which conduct electricty but when it dipped the phase and neutral in to the water it is not short circcuited ,which metal it is?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    lajin
    The metal which conduct electricty but when it dipped the phase and neutral in to the water it is not short circcuited ,which metal it is?
    Pure water has a very high resiivity. If phase and neutral are dipped in water an insulated container there will not be a short irrespective of what metal the wires are made of.
    If the phase wire is dipped in a pond of water in the ground, it will be grounded, again irrespective of the metal.
  • lal
    lal
    Assume that phase is in contact with the pond water. So normally electricity is being earthed. Now assume a person is in the pond at this time. There can be two cases.
    1. The person is swimming. That is, he is just immersed in water and no part of his body is in contact with ground.
    2. The person is immersed in water, but his legs are touching the ground. As if he is standing in waist height of water.

I am pretty sure, the person will not have the risk of electric shock in the case 1.
    But what about the second? Considering the difference in resistivity of human body and water, what exactly will be the outcome?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Please go through this thread:
    Shock in stagnant water.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • lal
    lal
    Thank You sir. That clearly wiped off my doubt 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Many engineers freeze when they put a pen to paper, if at all they get off a key board to put pen to paper. Here are two methods suggested to...
Hi Folks, It's been a while, and I'm not sure how to start this. Yet, here goes nothing. Everyday you keep coming online; You take time to explore the internet,...
MEDICAL FAIR INDIA Continues on Successful Course Numerous Co-op Exhibitors Confirmed from Asia, Europe and the USA The 18th MEDICAL FAIR INDIA 2012, International Exhibition and Conference on Diagnostics, Medical...
Now school kids are getting into hard core development through games. The raspberry foundations essay into roping in kid power seems to be paying off. Read this BBC news item...
I am rather cluless about internet privacy issues. There appears to be a major concern over GOOGLE's proposed 'unified field theory'. I came across this article that seems to circumvent...