Not OS-War, But I Just Want To Know Your Views.

Please reply only if you're non-gamer, a developer & a normal user with no extra work except browsing internet & doing normal things.

- You're developer, so open environment is always good for you. So why you prefer closed source over opensource ?
- Windows & Mac OS X is ugly(This will ignite the flame, Do i care ?) , Linux is beautiful because you have so many desktop environments to choose : XFCE, Gnome,KDE, LXDE, Unity.
- Linux have better compiler (GCC)
- You can create applications for Linux the same way you can create for Windows.
- Linux is free.
- You can get help from forums in within 2 minutes after posting question.
- You can watch movies, listen songs.

Inshort, you can do everything which you can do in Windows or OS X.
Then why not Linux ?
Is it because there's lack of awareness/marketing for Linux or some other reason ?
If it's other reason, share your opinions.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There's a reason why Power consumption is mentioned in each & every electronics gadget. The gadget works perfectly in the mentioned Power consumption unit, but not as desired if less...
GPL also known as General Public License. GPLv2 is copyleft license. Now I will try to elaborate a bit more using software Linux Kernel (yeah kernel is a software): Linux...
Firefox recently released it's Mobile Operating system, Firefox OS. Geeksphone, a spanish company of smartphones is set to launch the Firefox OS based phone named Peak+ which will be shipped...
SmartNaMo is an upcoming smartphone dedicated to the Gujarat Chief Minister, Mr. Narendra Modi. Before you read further, be alert that this information is based on reporting done by mainstream...
Hello my dear friends, I am thinking of buying new scooter. I want such thing which pull some descent power out of it and has no serious care for mileage....